What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done....

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
:lol: he always did!

As Dave Solomona said to us once "He ain't no oil painting" :lol:

Parra Guru

Coach
Well if Jamie WANTS to be here, then he'll be a welcomed addition. After all that's happened and the apparent impending 'exodus' I'll welcome anyone who WANTS to wear the jersey.

And since this is a thread created by Lowey3, I felt compelled to post in it.... shut up fish eel.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
James_Hardie said:
Three things i noted from that clip:

1. He is a good finisher, but that has never been in question.
2. He is wearing number 3 in every clip (which should end all this talk about him having played five-eight while at St Helens)
3. Hit the hole well, but the way we play, you need to create for yourself as a centre, & especially so if you are going to play five eight.

I don't know if you watch the Sharks games or not, but if you do you'll see Darren Albert playing some pretty ordinary Footy after being called a potential Origin player by Matt Johns and the Sharks paying a good bit of coin to get him over here. Well he scored about 30 tries in Super League last year, at least 20 would have been set up by Lyon. That clip doesn't show any of the tries he set up in 2005 but he did some pretty freakish things.

His signing will be nothing but a positive if true. Centre or five-eighth, just get him over here!

theicemandanno

Juniors
Don't any of you know what the "Crisis meeting' a few weeks back was about?

IT was not to get the team thinking about their poor performances...although the proceeding victory over the Tigers would seem that way.

Take it from me.......the players were involved in a discussion regarding their opinions about the return of J.Lyon........the conclusion being a thumbs up from the team.

Jamie is coming.

Utey

Coach
theicemandanno said:
Don't any of you know what the "Crisis meeting' a few weeks back was about?

IT was not to get the team thinking about their poor performances...although the proceeding victory over the Tigers would seem that way.

Take it from me.......the players were involved in a discussion regarding their opinions about the return of J.Lyon........the conclusion being a thumbs up from the team.

Jamie is coming.
Never thought about it like that...

bartman

Immortal
Welcome back iceman.

I think there were only 5 reamining players from R1 2004 that played alongside Jamie. Shouldn't be such a big deal to them imo.

Stagger eel

Staff member
actually to be perfectly honest with you Danno and I'm not sure whether you had your tongue firmly in your cheek after you made the post but something tells me that, that was the furthest thing from the players mind when they had the so called "crises meeting"

Freak2

Juniors
I don't care if he has played most of his time in the Centres in Super League.

We need a quick / quality 5/8. Jamie has proven he is capable of this.

It also gets around the the issue if him not getting enough ball that was evident in his last stint with us.

He has represented our country and Australian Reps simply do not come on the market every year. He will be a great assett for any team he plays for and I hope he comes back to us.

He owes his mates!!

bartman

Immortal
He's got the skill set now to play five-eighth, something we hadn't seen from him pre-2004. It's part of why St Helens is so dangerous, the unpredictability of who's going to pick the ball up and do something special, regardless of whether they're nominally playing in the centres, fullback or halves.

And who knows, perhaps that was all part of the blow-up that saw him take time away - maybe he always backed his ability and wanted a shot given the poor ball delivery he had been getting in seasons prior from Dykes and Wagon in that role? From memory the number 6 jersey was getting thrown around a fair bit in trials that season but never to Jamie.

His first (and last) game of the real season was a real dog, and I'm not excusing some of the way he went about his leaving for time out. But as fans remember he did it with our club's blessing (and control of his contract) all along. If he confirms he's coming back, it's not because he wouldn't get a higher offer elsewhere - it will all be about redemption and he'll play out of his skin for us if we accept him back.

scottyeel

Bench
St. Helens have offered Matt Gidley a million dollar deal.
Seems as though Jamie will be back in the NRL next year, the only question is who he will be playing for.

scottyeel

Bench
Not sure how long for.
It was on the end of ch.9 news and they said there will be more about it on tonights footy show.

Lowey3

Juniors
Matt gidley can feck off!

Having said that, atleast his made Brain Carney look average this season.

I want Willie Tonga to replace Jamie Lyon but that isent likely.

Matt Gidley will still be one of the best in super league.

Lowey3

Juniors
Btw Saints dont have plenty of money - we only have a top salary cap like most of the teams in super league.

The Aussie press constantly linking us with every player is rubbish!!

That Sonny Bill Williams offer was never . ever a realistic option.

We are currently looking for investment to build a new stadium.

Latest posts