What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lowey3 said:
Btw Saints dont have plenty of money - we only have a top salary cap like most of the teams in super league.

The Aussie press constantly linking us with every player is rubbish!!

That Sonny Bill Williams offer was never . ever a realistic option.

We are currently looking for investment to build a new stadium.

hey Mate..you might want to look at the thread I just created, it may interest you greatly. ;-)

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=142271

Lowey3

Juniors
eelavation said:
hey Mate..you might want to look at the thread I just created, it may interest you greatly. ;-)

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=142271

Yep already seen it.

What do you reckon about Gidley ?

Of course nobody could / can replace Lyon (best centre in the world) but i believe Gidley will do a good job for us.

Chev Walker (Starves his winger of possesion, very arrogant and he should be a second row).

Clinton Toopi (poor form for a few years now)

Willie Tonga (not likely to leave the NRL, if so then Unuion awaits).

Fair enough Walker and Toopi have age on their side but that's irrelevant imo... Gidley would be good for 2 years - giving our youngsters another chance to work with a very experienced test centre, who has played at the highest level. Then we could look at the centres available in 2 years time!

We have a centre at 16 who will replace Willie Talau in two years time BTW (before you all mention the junior set up).

We're also close to signing Roy Asotasi

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lowey3 said:
What do you reckon about Gidley ?

the winger who will play outside him will absalutely love it, he'll do well over there, however opinions will be divided here as his not a Parramatta boy, you may want to ask the Newcastle fans.

strider

Post Whore
matt gidley is still a good player despite getting on a bit - he can still do his trademark flick to setup his winger ... probably lost some pace, but still a good player

Stagger eel

Staff member
yy_cheng said:
If I were you guys, Tonga would be a better purchase

I think Tonga is looking for a particular lifestyle, one that Sydney and the UK can not provide..;-)

yy_cheng

Coach
However, it depends on the amount of Bickkies you get.

Lyon seemed happy over there.

And if you got what Vaeliki got, well, you could live in Southern France and fly in for training and matches.

Lowey3

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
If I were you guys, Tonga would be a better purchase

I agree.

However it's not a pick 'n' Mix sweet shop you're talking about pal.

Willie Tonga wont come to the UK.

Toopi and Vagana are the only two experianced centres that are available this year, that would come over to play in the UK. IMO Gidley is a better option.