What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well Played Roosters!

Greenblooded

Juniors
Isn't a lot of drop ball due to hits? Isn't a lot of drop balls due to pressure from the opposition of making the other force a mistake by hurrying their decision?

In this case no, most of them were dropped cold. Mind you I loved the game as I do any GF. For drama and intensity it was right up there.

princess plj

Juniors
it would have been nice for freddy but it was not to be. but u guys played well. it was a great game. better luck next time

antonius

Coach
Bad luck Roosters, I was cheering for you guys, (for the one and only time) Gotta say if Flannery had started at centre and Hodges was somewhere in Bondi picking his nose I reckon you would have won it, at least Walker (Who I don't have any regard for either) had a go, Hodges was bloody useless, that would have to be the biggest blunder Stuart has made since arriving there, I'm still trying to see what he saw in him, there's half a dozen guys who would have done a better job than him, even Jermain Ale from Flegg would've been a better choice.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Thanks.

It was a great game to be at because it was anyones game right up until the end.

Well Done Dogs.

I still had a great game cheering the all the guys on in all 3 grades.

pyro

Juniors
Alot of drop ball doesn't necessarily come from alot of big hits etc. It was simply because of the conditions, they couldn't hold the ball.

I really did think that Walker didn't do too much wrong aside from the 2 kicks that went to him down field that he dropped cold. He is defending outside a Centre. If the Centre goes too far in-field, Walker has to go further in-field. If Walker doesn't go further in-field then the Dogs Centre has a nice walk to the try line. So he's put in a no win situation because his centre isn't defending properly. Hodges was terrible and didn't look like he knew where he should defend. It really killed me watching Hodges do his slow jog to Dogs line in a Grand Final. He just gave tackles away.

The boys put in a good effort though. I was sad for Freddy, he deserved to go out by holding up the Premiership trophy. But the boys couldn't snatch victory from the jaws of defeat in the last 10-15 minutes and we lost a Grand Final for the 2nd year in a row.

PS: I thought Brett Finch did about as much as he could to send Freddy out a winner. Our gameplan just went out the window from the conditions and he had to imperavise. He did a good job and tried his best IMO. Good on ya Snags ! :clap: