What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well played Titans supporters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I was at Lang Park today and full credit to the Titans - they have a lot of support and a solid future ahead. A big crowd, 40,000 or thereabouts. On the Footy Train on the way home, it was really high spirited.

On the field, the team gave it a real shake, you got beaten and thems the breaks, but I have no doubt you'll win a good share of games this year.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Willow said:
On the field, the team gave it a real shake, you got beaten and thems the breaks, but I have no doubt you'll win a good share of games this year.

Yes starting with the filthy scummers next week at Carrara!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Indeed Willow,

I was there too, great atmosphere, 42,000 and good spirits after the game.

As a team they will win a few for sure.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Crikey Angry. I was up the top of the road at the Hogs Breath for a good while. We could have jammed. lol

Wobby, I'm looking forward to a Titans win next week. :D

ghoti

Bench
I was really impressed with the Titans...Campbell is looking like one of the more dangerous attacking players in the game and despite his foibles at the back, I feel as though fullback is his calling. Your starting hooker (who's name escapes me) went really well too...I was sceptical about him, but he'll do some good things with that Titans side.

Best of luck to you all for 07, you're on a good thing...I just hope your lack of depth doesn't get exploited.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
ghoti said:
Your starting hooker (who's name escapes me) went really well too...I was sceptical about him, but he'll do some good things with that Titans side.
It was Clint Amos iirc. Friend replaced him after 20 mins or so.

ghoti

Bench
Lockyer4President! said:
It was Clint Amos iirc. Friend replaced him after 20 mins or so.
Thanks. Friend went well as well, but Amos was a lot more creative in attack. It's handy to be able to have hooker rotation with these two. Friend's defence is very safe up the middle, I'd even consider starting Friend for the first 20 to tighten up the middle then throw Amos in to create a bit more spark from dummy half...his defence is also very good, but fresh legs and a clear mind could produce some vital attacking oppurtunities in the middle and back ends of the first half.

Considering I saw hooker as one of the Titan's weaknesses in the pre-season, I think in Sunday's game they went a long way towards making that position a strength.

DeeGan

Bench
One of THE greatest days of my rugby league life being there at Suncorp amongst the Gold Coast Titans faithful cheering on our team ... it was a long time coming.

Despite the result, the way we defended and gritted it out when down 20-6 was a great sign for the club. I know John Cartwright was most pleased with that aspect as I see was Phil Gould this morning.

Our day in the sun will come, we will win our share of games if we put up an effort like that as well as minimise the errors (our back three for example made a totale of 13 errors - not good) - we are going to put it to our opponent.

I liked what I saw from the bench - all contributed.

We will learn more about injuries this afternoon. The much maligned Chris Walker was superb yesterday as he was this off-season and I for one hope he isn't seeing an extended stint on the sidelines.

p.s. Welcome Back Mat Rogers :D He looked good in his first NRL premiership game and will only improve.

Helen

Juniors
I am more then pleased with the way the boys played.

They never gave up. They didn't let the occaision play on their minds and went about business as they should.

Yeah they lost but they didn't give the game away and tried their darnest from start to finish..

I am so proud of them. :D

Helen

Dirk Titan

Juniors
Matt Roggers was exellent in his first game back!!! Especialy in defence considering coming back from yawnion.:)

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I reckon Rogers to Fullback, Delaney to Centre, Preston to 5/8th, Friend to Hooker, Amos to bench, Kahler to bench (Although he is a good player) and Henderson to Front Row.

Dakink

Bench
What a great day!!!

Were you wearing a Leagueunlimited shirt Willow?

Saw some one near the Hogs Breath in one....

Even from the nose bleed stands it was sensational the atmosphere!!!

The Titans will win plenty this year!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dakink said:
What a great day!!!

No a Red V. Helps me to blend in. lol

Dakink said:
Really? Geez they get around. Definitely someone else.

Dakink said:

I was pretty lucky in the end. Good seats about 12 rows back. I reckon I had a better view than the ref... not hard to do I know. lol

Very impressed with the Titans and their supporters. Plenty of passion and they'll win a few this year.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Dakink said:
What a great day!!!

That was me.

fatshark

Bench
reckon Rogers to Fullback, Delaney to Centre, Preston to 5/8th, Friend to Hooker, Amos to bench, Kahler to bench (Although he is a good player) and Henderson to Front Row.
I reckon your right. They played good but I think those positions will be weaknesses in the coming weeks if they arent changed. Id be running my forwards at Rogers all day and bombing the sh*t out of Preston and keeping Prince under control., would totally blunt the attck.

Inferno

Coach
novacastrian_panther said:
I reckon Rogers to Fullback, Delaney to Centre, Preston to 5/8th, Friend to Hooker, Amos to bench, Kahler to bench (Although he is a good player) and Henderson to Front Row.

Still missing a winger though with Walker injured.

Latest posts