What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well said Steve Ricketts!

Brutus

Referee
Great article by Ricketts. A man who also played RL.

People forget that union was a friggin amatuer sport. Why the f**k was it an amatuer sport BTW? Where did the profits go?

Many players "poached" by league were league players to begin with before having no option but to play union if they attended a private school.

It's also a credit to French RL to still be alive and professional today.

A great article. With reservations.

All reporting is biased these days. That report had some kind of agenda. Just nice to know that for once it was based on truth. Also in this case, it satisfy's the needs of all those people out there who cant live any day anymore without feeling some kind of hate or injustice served to them.

Get a life for one. Two thanks ricketts, who has a life, and is helping all the dissafected souls. Its nice to remember this. So Let news ltd be your shining star, let them take you under their wing. They can help all you guys from one state of mind to the next....first sad....then happy....

I wish we could devote our efforts though to getting a new leadership structure in league and other things like that.

So tell me, why do you guys rely on a paper to help you with your internal states - be it happy or sad or angry, etc?

Do you people also use cigarettes to do the same? (I suggest you quit smoking)

Do you people use alcohol to modify your internal states too? What about other drugs. Or do you just let the pain waft through your body eventually going numb?

I expect someone to use this all in a quote....but think about it: Why are you allowing rickets to tell you how to feel?

You are all jumping with joy about this story....hell we already knew all the stuff in it, and no doubt people did as well. Move on!

I guess what I am saying is that: we are all responsible for our OWN internal states.

If you are giving someone else the power to make you happy or sad, then you are disempowering yourself, and you need to change that now.

Lets take back our power (well not me, you guys, I've got it right)

And then! Lets take back league!

Stop sooking it.

_Johnsy

Referee
A great article. With reservations.

All reporting is biased these days. That report had some kind of agenda. Just nice to know that for once it was based on truth. Also in this case, it satisfy's the needs of all those people out there who cant live any day anymore without feeling some kind of hate or injustice served to them.

Get a life for one. Two thanks ricketts, who has a life, and is helping all the dissafected souls. Its nice to remember this. So Let news ltd be your shining star, let them take you under their wing. They can help all you guys from one state of mind to the next....first sad....then happy....

I wish we could devote our efforts though to getting a new leadership structure in league and other things like that.

So tell me, why do you guys rely on a paper to help you with your internal states - be it happy or sad or angry, etc?

Do you people also use cigarettes to do the same? (I suggest you quit smoking)

Do you people use alcohol to modify your internal states too? What about other drugs. Or do you just let the pain waft through your body eventually going numb?

I expect someone to use this all in a quote....but think about it: Why are you allowing rickets to tell you how to feel?

You are all jumping with joy about this story....hell we already knew all the stuff in it, and no doubt people did as well. Move on!

Not the case at all.

Hate to bust your little self indulgent bubble marky, I tell me how I feel. You should re-assess your inflated opinion of yourself. If you say its so, it does not make it so.

Mate you need serious help, I am yet to see one person jumping with joy about this story. Take your medication.

Canard

Immortal
Internal States???

Scientology has come to LU.

Gayest thing Ive ever read on these forums, including the guy that "argued" that it was cool to "admire" Sonny Bill's Body without a shirt on.

Not the case at all.

Hate to bust your little self indulgent bubble marky, I tell me how I feel. You should re-assess your inflated opinion of yourself. If you say its so, it does not make it so.

Mate you need serious help, I am yet to see one person jumping with joy about this story. Take your medication.

I'm sorry. You constantly refer to me as marky. If this is some tendancy of yours, I would ask you to stop it.
Hmmm....i made you feel a certain way, envoking a response from you. I think YOU should realign your perceptions. They are seriously askew.

I am not marky. I addressed this above. Please refer to me as the rock, of DOR. However, I prefer Day of Rockening. Thats right, I'd prefer you write the WHOLE thing.

Internal States???

Scientology has come to LU.

Gayest thing Ive ever read on these forums, including the guy that "argued" that it was cool to "admire" Sonny Bill's Body without a shirt on.

Using the word gay in that context - is gay!!

You ought to test out that alignment, or forever live your life as weird.

Hmmm, about Sonny's "body" (hey its like you are sexualising it here, i bet the person who originally wrote what you are refering to wasn't)....yeah well his "body", seems to be a big thing with you.

I reckon you sound like the type of person who might be shy about their body, its probably a little bit fatter than most, and probably a little less muscled. I call those people soft or marsh-mellows. Or Fatty's. I'm not calling you that. Aethleticism is something to be admired, and importantly, should not be mixed up with being "gay" just because you admire it or aspire to be it. You really need to mature it up, and sort out your sexuality. It sounds like women would not find you attractive.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
I'm sorry. You constantly refer to me as marky. If this is some tendancy of yours, I would ask you to stop it.
Hmmm....i made you feel a certain way, envoking a response from you. I think YOU should realign your perceptions. They are seriously askew.

I am not marky. I addressed this above. Please refer to me as the rock, of DOR. However, I prefer Day of Rockening. Thats right, I'd prefer you write the WHOLE thing.

I think you need to read, I have not refered to you as mark in this thread. Again your over inflated self opinin raises its head. Yes, you have received a response from me, shock horror. Are you surprised that someone would respond to pure drivel.

I can plainly see that you have spent some time on a lounge chair mulling over past wrongs committed by your parents. Did mummy and daddy not love you enough? or was it that you received too much love, who knows what affect their dismal failure at parenthood had on you. See its quite easy to do.

I am sure I can speak for some here, please, we do not need to be subjected to your own issues, although it is brave of you to soldier on. Your projection onto others is as obvious as is your idiocy.

I don't really care what you prefer, you'll get what you are given.

Canard

Immortal
Using the word gay in that context - is gay!!

You ought to test out that alignment, or forever live your life as weird.

Hmmm, about Sonny's "body" (hey its like you are sexualising it here, i bet the person who originally wrote what you are refering to wasn't)....yeah well his "body", seems to be a big thing with you.

I reckon you sound like the type of person who might be shy about their body, its probably a little bit fatter than most, and probably a little less muscled. I call those people soft or marsh-mellows. Or Fatty's. I'm not calling you that. Aethleticism is something to be admired, and importantly, should not be mixed up with being "gay" just because you admire it or aspire to be it. You really need to mature it up, and sort out your sexuality. It sounds like women would not find you attractive.

androtop

Brutus

Referee
IN the wake of Sonny Bill Williams' flight from the NRL to French rugby union there has been plenty of gloating from the 15-man code.
Quite rightly they point out that league pillaged union's ranks for 100 years and now that the boot is on the other foot, the 13-man code can expect little sympathy.

But what I won't have is the school of thought that league's raids on union's ranks were somehow reprehensible.

Let's put things in perspective. Up until 1996 union was an amateur game and league in Australia and England was semi-professional.

Most of the players signed from union clubs in Britain and Australia were from working-class backgrounds and in many cases put out feelers to league scouts.

There were very few Oxford-educated union players who switched to the "northern game" as it is still referred to by many people in England.

And many players recruited from union in Britain, particularly from Wales, had yet to represent their country and were identified for qualities that made them more suited to league.

Billy Boston and Jim Mills, both from Cardiff, are notable examples with league setting them up for life and both men still living in the north of England.

League in Australia has always had a marvellous junior system and many of the recruits from union started in league anyway.

The champion St George team that won 11 straight premierships had very few union players - the likes of Reg Gasnier, Johnny Raper, Graeme Langlands, Norm Provan and Billy Smith only knew one code.

Over the years French Rugby Union has signed players from league simply to keep the 13-man code down.

Somehow league in France survives and the house full sign is set to go up at 12,000-capacity Gilbert Brutus Stadium in Perpignan on Saturday when Les Catalans hosts English club Wigan.

Maybe SBW will stumble across the game on pay television in a bar in Toulon, the city where he could make his union debut tomorrow night (AEST) in 13,700-capacity Stade Mayol.

No doubt we will see an "exclusive" interview with SBW on The Footy Show on Channel 9 tonight especially as the panel members went out of their way last week to find excuses for the Kiwi's disgraceful behaviour.

Ron Massey, the former right-hand man of "super coach" Jack Gibson, summed it up best when he said league is better off without Williams given the fact he selfishly abandoned his Bulldogs teammates.

GREAT ARTICLE MR RICKETTS.

Calixte

First Grade
Problem is not enough of them.

Journalists with knowledge (Johns Magic, alfie, Vampy and the like would give most a run for their money) or decent articles...

Calixte

First Grade
Ricketts is a news limited muppet, a tool of ribot, morgan and scumco, period

I agree he didn't always cover himself with glory during the Super League War period and immediately thereafter.

He does genuinely care about the game though.

Loudstrat

Coach
Average article. Why is it a 'great article' if it tells the TRUTH????

Roy Masters' one from a week or so ago was far better.

As for this....:

The Rock....don't think so - people might confuse you with that wrestler from KAOS.

I think the appropriate monicker for you, as derived from your forum name, is DORK

Latest posts