What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wendall is a tosser

mc5

Juniors
Larkham has a lot of skills and is no doubt a very good union player. However in league he would be constantly smahed if he tried to play the same running game. His defence would also be inadequate

Giteau and Gerrard have played more league than union from their junior days, and would have the potentail to make it. Mortlock to me is a one trick pony - crash ball runner. He has no step and therefore would probably have to play in the forwards in league.

Onr thing is for sure they would play reserve grade before in all likelihood making first grade. However I think state of origin would be beyond them

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
saddog said:
I can't believe the fact he has a rugby column when he can barely play the game, but the sh*t he writes is amazing. Always making league/Union comparisions, as guess who always comes out on top. That sh*t yesterday about the best players nearly made me puke.
Piss off wendall, nobody cares!!

How do you think the ARU and the QRU could afford to get him, part of the deal, hence why the Johns as similar deal to stay in League.

We have a song down here for Matt Geyer

You are our Geyer
Our Matty Geyer
You make us happy
When skys are gray
and Wendell Sailors
a bloody traitor
please don't take our Geyer away.

Wendell was shocked the last time he played for the broncos down here and we sang that in ear shot of him.

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah, Larkham would have made a decent fullback in league as he's a tall bugger. He's about 6'2 so would probably be a bit tall for a league 5/8. He gets hurt a lot, but the guy has a big heart and will tackle himself off the park.

Mortlock, Rathbone, Giteau, Roff, Burke would have all made good league players, as would Totai Kefu who even though playing number 8 for Australia used to play in the centres for his club team, Souths in Brisbane. A 6 foot 4 centre at 114kgs with a good sidestep. hmmmm.

Snoop

Coach
mc5 said:
Larkham has a lot of skills and is no doubt a very good union player. However in league he would be constantly smahed if he tried to play the same running game. His defence would also be inadequate

Giteau and Gerrard have played more league than union from their junior days, and would have the potentail to make it. Mortlock to me is a one trick pony - crash ball runner. He has no step and therefore would probably have to play in the forwards in league.

Onr thing is for sure they would play reserve grade before in all likelihood making first grade. However I think state of origin would be beyond them

Mortlock a one trick pony? Well Gidley's only trick is a flick pass but it helps score tries. Talking of Gidley, could you imagine him trying to stop Mortlock. That gives a whole new meaning to turnstile.

Special K

Coach
Larkham might make a ok fullback but I dunno I just don't see him being able to do the same type of things in league as he has done in union.

Rathbone would be great in league. I wish O'Driscoll would jump like he has teased in the past. Mortlock would go good in a 4 jumper aswell...

Moffo

Referee
Good points all round

SM, i think our problem is that every week he uses league as a basis for his article. I've never seen him write a pure union article

It is a poor reflection on the sport that he represents

Cheers,
Moffo

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Moffo said:
Good points all round

SM, i think our problem is that every week he uses league as a basis for his article. I've never seen him write a pure union article

It is a poor reflection on the sport that he represents

Cheers,
Moffo
Moff, I'd tend to agree with you on Wendell's articles all round, although it's to be expected really, he's spend two seasons in union and the rest of his career in league, of course he's gooing to make comparisons. What it shows is Union's continued obsession with "converting" League fans, rather than getting players who really know about Union towrite their articles, they get Wendell with his endless comparisons. (well actually they probably get some anonymous hack to write the articles and Wendell approves them).
That said his latest article did have some merit for once.

Booyah

Bench
Almost every Article 'Dell' for the Paper simply involves him picking people from Rugby League who could 'make it' in Union.

That and bag Campese and talk up Lote.

It really is a bore to read.