What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wesser re-signs

cainen

Juniors
Feb 23 - Rhys Wesser has signed with Penrith for another three years.

This means the star fullback will be at Penrith until at least the end of Season 2009.

“It was a particular pleasure for me to re-sign Rhys because I recruited him from Rockhampton in 1997,” Mick Leary, Penrith’s General Manager Rugby League, said today.

“Since then, he has developed into one of the finest fullbacks in the game and an important part of our team.

“It’s good to think that he will now become a 10 year plus player and probably see out his career with us.”

Rhys, who was born in Rockhampton in 1979, holds the record for the number of tries scored for Penrith in a single season – 25 in 2003. The year before that he scored 22.

He has played three Origin games for Queensland. “In my opinion he is under-rated and should have played more for his state,” Mick said.

http://www.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=3&ArticleID=40

Good news.

Big Mick

Referee
thank god .... some good news.

Hope he kinda took a bit of a paycut but....he would have been on big dosh after 2003.

Jono078

Referee
Lets hope for you guys that he can get his early 2005 form and carry it for the whole 26 rounds...

Him not getting selected for Origin really screwed him up that year, he really was going great, probably would of taken Panthers to the finals himself the way he was going lol.

Munky

Coach
Jono078 said:
Lets hope for you guys that he can get his early 2005 form and carry it for the whole 26 rounds...

Him not getting selected for Origin really screwed him up that year, he really was going great, probably would of taken Panthers to the finals himself the way he was going lol.

In one game he went from being awesome to losing a match single handedly.

I really hope it doesn't happen again.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Jono078 said:

Nice to see supporters of others clubs giving Wesser the respect he deserves.

Latest posts