What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Ham United

ggmu

Juniors
Was spewing when I realized my visit to London was completely out of sync with the Hammers. They were away in a different city while I was in town, home the weekend I was in Scotland, and away again when I breezed back through on my way out.

Their merchandise store is a merkin too. Tried on and purchased on XL home kit, only to arrive back in China to find they've mixed it up and packed me a f***ing small instead.

Had a similar experience with Manchester United lol was in Munich when the player bayern in England then the opposite for the return leg. Had tickets to a league game but it was postponed lol. Then bought a jersey at the mega store and by the time I got home the badges had half peeled off and same with a jacket I got also. But oh well still got to see old trafford.

(Hope u don't mind me talking bout Man United in the West Ham section just thought my experience was very similar to yours :) )

Misanthrope

Staff member
That's unusual

I've had nothing but great experiences with the shop.

Did they fix it for you ASAP?

They told me it was my fault for not trying it on beforehand. I explained that I had, but the disinterested cow behind the counter just kept reciting their refund policy.

Mong

Post Whore
If you are on twitter send David Gold a tweet. He is more than accommodating with discussing such things with fans.

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
If you are on twitter send David Gold a tweet. He is more than accommodating with discussing such things with fans.

Cheers for the tip. Will send him a message about it. In the meantime, I wonder if my 14 year old brother fancies a West Ham jersey with 'CWB' on it? :crazy:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Back to 5th. :cool:

How can a club with supporters like Mong, CWB, nick87, Moffo & myself be considered anything but extraordinary.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Important game for the Hammers v Swansea

No matter the result between Southhampton & Man U, a win would get us in the top 4.

Mong

Post Whore
Hopefully song is back at least. Been a couple of needed wins with a bunch of injuries recently.

Shows there is some actual depth to the squad now.

The new signings have been awesome. As soon as Gold and Sullivan got involved with that things improved almost immediately.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Andy motherf**king Carroll.

Good win. It's becoming apparent that we are susceptible to counter-attack, but otherwise we're solid all round.

Got Sunderland then Leister before facing Arsenal. If we can win the next 2, we'll be in good stead.

Mong

Post Whore
We have some shitty fellow London team who are supported by ex Leeds fans prior to the gunners.

It was strange playing the target man style with a diamond midfield.

Jenkinson and Creswell are awesome up and down the wings from full back though.

shiznit

Coach
News over here in NZ that West Ham have come to the realisation that Winston Reid won't be resigning with them.

They will look to get something for him in January... 6M pounds is the so called price tag,

f**k I hope he doesn't go to Liverpool...

Mong

Post Whore
That's been looking like the likely outcome for a while now unfortunately.

I'm still hoping not, he's a good solid defender and will be missed.

Mong

Post Whore
Was spewing when I realized my visit to London was completely out of sync with the Hammers. They were away in a different city while I was in town, home the weekend I was in Scotland, and away again when I breezed back through on my way out.

Their merchandise store is a merkin too. Tried on and purchased on XL home kit, only to arrive back in China to find they've mixed it up and packed me a f***ing small instead.

The lets talk about scum thread reveals you as a Leeds scum fan Mis.

I understand Jimmys motives going from Leeds to Chelsea, but yours?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I don't think I ever even watched a Leeds game :lol: . I just picked a team back in the days when Leeds had a few Aussies and felt a residual loyalty as a result.

When I finally got Foxtel and started watching Premier League & Championship, my brothers opted for Man City and I opted for West Ham due to Neill & Tevez. It was the biscuit billionaire season where we best Man Utd in the final game to avoid the drop. Once I'd actually watched a team play, it stuck with me.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Need to start getting some Ws if we want to go to Europe.

Must win v Hull next game, as we have Liverpool, Man U, Southhampton afterwards.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I don't think I ever even watched a Leeds game :lol: . I just picked a team back in the days when Leeds had a few Aussies and felt a residual loyalty as a result.

When I finally got Foxtel and started watching Premier League & Championship, my brothers opted for Man City and I opted for West Ham due to Neill & Tevez. It was the biscuit billionaire season where we best Man Utd in the final game to avoid the drop. Once I'd actually watched a team play, it stuck with me.

That's fine.

I was a Liverpool 'fan' a few years ago. Only because it's the only team I ever heard of other than Man U. Plastic fan that I am.....

Mong

Post Whore
I'd like to see them strengthen further over a season or two more before looking at Europe. I'm not convinced adding a European campaign to the season will ultimately be a good thing just yet.

God-King Dean

Immortal
What a game that was.

Everton was the better team. The defence by Nolan & Jenkinson for the 2nd goal was pathetic. Loved seeing Noble rip into Tomkins. Showed they care.

Crystal Palace next.