What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Ham United

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Who'll be at a new club in 2012?

Parker, Green, Cole, Upson, Ba, Bridge, Hitzelsperger?

West Ham can't even hold an exclusive dinner without it getting racial and out of control

'Racist abuse' sparked West Ham brawl
West Ham striker Demba Ba has denied refusing to sign an autograph for a fan in an incident that reportedly sparked a brawl at their end-of-season dinner.

It had been claimed that the Senegal forward snubbed a supporter who had attended the £275-a-head function, leading to violent scenes that resulted in the police being called to the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
"I did sign the autograph," Ba - who scored twice in a 3-2 defeat at Wigan that ultimately resulted in the club’s relegation - said on Twitter.
"I never refuse to sign autograph to the fans."
West Ham have since insisted that the scale of the row was exaggerated, with co-owner David Sullivan claiming that the incident revolved around a drunken supporter racially abusing a player, believed to be Ba.
While Ba did not comment on the nature of the alleged abuse, he did say that a man approached him in an aggressive manner.
"He came to me saying he is tired to watch us play and was looking for confrontation," the 25-year-old former Hoffenheim forward added.
The dinner came at a traumatic time for the club, a day after the East Londoners were relegated to the Championship.
Within hours coach Avram Grant was sacked, but the planned dinner - to which players, executives and fans were invited - went ahead anyway.
"The whole incident has been blown out of all proportion," Sullivan said. "It was one individual who had too much to drink, sadly a problem in British society.
"A player was racially abused by the same drunken supporter, which is not acceptable. Sadly one drunken supporter let the club down."
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: "We were called at 9.15pm to reports of a disturbance at the Grosvenor House Hotel in Park Lane. Officers attended. There were no offences alleged and no arrests."
LINK
Mong, any relation?

Jimbo

Immortal
Parker strongly rumoured to be coming to Spurs, which does absolutely nothing for me.

He's certainly been one of their better players

Although, of course, if he was actually any good he'd still be at Chelsea

P.S. Hi mong... :lol:

Mong

Post Whore
Thank f*ck that season is now over. Not much else could have gone wrong and a very disappointing result given the squad. Not the first time they havegone down with what was seemingly a squad too good to go down. Although last time was with a better squad.

A quality manager and some new faces will hopefully see them bounce back up soon enough..

Mong

Post Whore
Be nice if someone could put it in the back of the net. Could easily and should easily have been 3 or 4 up by the time they scored in inury time.

Big Sam's long ball philosophy started to show through already although Nolan and Parker in the midfield try to keep a pasing game going.

A big WTF moment was at one stage Gerrard walked up to Winston and grabbed him on the dick then walked off..

Is that usual championship league happenings?

Haffa

Despite the obvious issues with his kit colour, it was good to see Joe Cole back in form. He was the best player on the pitch by some margin against Cardiff.

Think he might help keep you up if your star striker ever gets on the pitch.

Mong

Post Whore
Nolan will be the bigger influence in that over the course of the season.

But yes, good to see Cole back home and looking in good form again..

Misanthrope

Staff member
Was spewing when I realized my visit to London was completely out of sync with the Hammers. They were away in a different city while I was in town, home the weekend I was in Scotland, and away again when I breezed back through on my way out.

Their merchandise store is a merkin too. Tried on and purchased on XL home kit, only to arrive back in China to find they've mixed it up and packed me a f***ing small instead.

Mong

Post Whore
That's unusual

I've had nothing but great experiences with the shop.

Did they fix it for you ASAP?