What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

Wizardman

First Grade
One more thing! I grew up loving guys like Benny and Blocker when they played footy. But, I have never seen those two more outwardly critical of the Tigers than when Richardson took the helm. They have massive chips on their shoulders now....which is a shame. For too long, certain people have really milked this club hard....Richo seems to be the turning point over this mindset of doing business.

Nutz

Bench
One more thing! I grew up loving guys like Benny and Blocker when they played footy. But, I have never seen those two more outwardly critical of the Tigers than when Richardson took the helm. They have massive chips on their shoulders now....which is a shame. For too long, certain people have really milked this club hard....Richo seems to be the turning point over this mindset of doing business.
Here here.

Nutz

Bench
Punt Bateman and paps?
We have a good pack but not players like Angus. He is physically tough, has a huge motor and is very skillful. He also is very disciplined.
None of our forwards can claim to have all of those attributes.

Wizardman

First Grade

With Papi gone, it still doesn’t leave a lot of wriggle room?
That sole stat is the most symbolic in terms of how f**ked our roster truly is. Make no mistake, the best decision this club has ever made is chucking out Lee and Pascoe. The sobering fact that 29 of these blokes are sealed for next year does my head in. Pascoe's farewell present (Sullivan) is giving us pain. If we make no changes, we will be poor again in 2025.
We are going to be taking a few financial hits.......but it needs to happen. Hopefully, Richo is successful in offloading some cattle.

Tigerm

First Grade
That sole stat is the most symbolic in terms of how f**ked our roster truly is. Make no mistake, the best decision this club has ever made is chucking out Lee and Pascoe. The sobering fact that 29 of these blokes are sealed for next year does my head in. Pascoe's farewell present (Sullivan) is giving us pain. If we make no changes, we will be poor again in 2025.
We are going to be taking a few financial hits.......but it needs to happen. Hopefully, Richo is successful in offloading some cattle.
Benji wanted Sullivan, from memory we had no halves to look at.
Not sure why they didn’t see the two young blokes we are using now?

Fordy20

Juniors

It's great that we have Richo running the show now and the current board is keeping their nose out of operations, but I don't put those decisions at the feet of Lee and Pascoe at all. Both of them were figureheads of the board and it was the board's decision to bring back Sheens which reset the clock on a new wave of salary cap dramas. Just on the halves front alone, Sheens told a game managing halfback that he was going to be playing lock when it was clear that Brooks played better alongside a game managing half.

He then sacked Madge, punted Hastings, Madden and forced out Brooks, which left us scrambling for halves with the club spending over a $1M a season for four years on two halves that aren't even our first choice halves this year and one of them can't even get on the pitch. The club still had to sign Sezer on top of that and now looks like this weekend, we'll be using a guy we signed to play hooker as a halfback again.

Richo has released Ipap and I hope Richo has more success offloading cattle, but he's certainly got his work cut out for him. The big issue is that we can only get rid of players that other clubs want. We had to carry Mbye for three and half years of his $850k a season contract before the Dragons kindly chipped in half for his final year. I can see the same thing happening here with several players.

Nutz

Bench
It's great that we have Richo running the show now and the current board is keeping their nose out of operations, but I don't put those decisions at the feet of Lee and Pascoe at all. Both of them were figureheads of the board and it was the board's decision to bring back Sheens which reset the clock on a new wave of salary cap dramas. Just on the halves front alone, Sheens told a game managing halfback that he was going to be playing lock when it was clear that Brooks played better alongside a game managing half.

He then sacked Madge, punted Hastings, Madden and forced out Brooks, which left us scrambling for halves with the club spending over a $1M a season for four years on two halves that aren't even our first choice halves this year and one of them can't even get on the pitch. The club still had to sign Sezer on top of that and now looks like this weekend, we'll be using a guy we signed to play hooker as a halfback again.

Richo has released Ipap and I hope Richo has more success offloading cattle, but he's certainly got his work cut out for him. The big issue is that we can only get rid of players that other clubs want. We had to carry Mbye for three and half years of his $850k a season contract before the Dragons kindly chipped in half for his final year. I can see the same thing happening here with several players.
I worry about Richo's health. He looks like our roster.
Seriously though, the guy is in a vulnerable category... age, weight, fitness etc.
I wish him well, though he has the guts, excuse the pun, to make the tough decisions.

WA Tiger

Bench

Yea I don’t think it’s going to be pretty. I mean the clubs in England have TV’s. Unless they only saw the games these rejects played well in. Ok so let’s hope they don’t have TV’s..

Sure the board signed off on those decisions but remember the whole joint was dysfunctional then. The board imo didn’t have the knowledge or inclination to weigh up and make decisions and I think they just went along with Pascoe and Lee’s suggestions. I mean the board wernt at lunch when the old boy from 360 asked sheens if he wanted to coach the team. Once sheens said yes, Pascoe and Lee knew they could just run it passed the board and it would get a tick of approval.And I think that process was in place for a while. Hence the apparent arrogance.

I don’t think getting rid of the personal you mentioned was the problem. It was what happend after they left. Any half that plays with DCE is going to be ok when all he has to do is kick high balls, pass, throw the short pass Every time he’s trying to put the opposition in two minds and ofcourse make No decisions. I don’t think madden would have made much of a difference outside Brooks. If that’s who you are referring to

Anyway just my thoughts..

Last edited: