What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

Tigerm

Coach
DT is reporting a premiership winner may be joining coaching staff.
Could it be Brett Hodgson?
Any clues guys. Has anyone got the DT, and I don't mean the hangover shakes :)
Don't know, but he's been coaching in England for a while, so could be a good choice.

Tigerm

Coach
DT is reporting a premiership winner may be joining coaching staff.
Could it be Brett Hodgson?
Any clues guys. Has anyone got the DT, and I don't mean the hangover shakes :)
Don't know, but he's been coaching in England for a while, so could be a good choice.

I think we need someone to coach Benji tbh.

One of my biggest disappointments has been his lack of effectiveness in getting our senior players playing consistently.

He needs to bite the bullet next year and start standing players down for insubordination etc.

It’s not uncommon, your marquee gets a dose of Reggie’s and when she returns she fires up.

Otherwise you’re content with too many inferior games.

It seemed some of our players were untouchable. Every player deserves the benefit of a few bad games, but…

Benjis tried the love and affection, but some of our players took advantage of it. And he let it go.

We were talking about this mid season, but nothing happened.

And I’d kill for bombers thoughts on the year as he’s a proven fg coach, just can’t assist lol.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I think we need someone to coach Benji tbh.

One of my biggest disappointments has been his lack of effectiveness in getting our senior players playing consistently.

He needs to bite the bullet next year and start standing players down for insubordination etc.

It’s not uncommon, your marquee gets a dose of Reggie’s and when she returns she fires up.

Otherwise you’re content with too many inferior games.

It seemed some of our players were untouchable. Every player deserves the benefit of a few bad games, but…

Benjis tried the love and affection, but some of our players took advantage of it. And he let it go.

We were talking about this mid season, but nothing happened.

And I’d kill for bombers thoughts on the year as he’s a proven fg coach, just can’t assist lol.
Papa left and Bateman sulked off to the uk when benji gave them some hard truths. I think klem has put in and Api has been a rock.
Benji read the riot act to players before they went on holidays warning them that they need to keep fit as preseason training will be hectic...we'll see if that happened in the trials.

Papa left and Bateman sulked off to the uk when benji gave them some hard truths. I think klem has put in and Api has been a rock.
Benji read the riot act to players before they went on holidays warning them that they need to keep fit as preseason training will be hectic...we'll see if that happened in the trials.
He’s read them the riot act so many times, the players know each section word for word. Like a prayer book.

If I was Benji, I’d set up “ voluntary” off season weekly training camps at the white elephant.

Players names will be ticked off for attendance.

If a player doesn’t attend “voluntary” off season training Camp, he’s going to be strangely overlooked and stuffed around with next year.

I wouldn’t tell the players the plan, the smarter ones will pick up on it.

To encourage them to attend, I would have guest appearances from footy player luminaries such as GI, JWH, Val Holmes, DCE etc.

And BBQs with Richo, etc.

An active player once told me that it would be great to mix with other players other than just your team and there is merit in that.

Plus our voluntary attendees, they get to meet with sponsors and are given free gifts for their families. Just small things like a hundred dollar fuel vouchers etc for a wife, pet insurance discounts, toys for the kids.

Soon everyone will be training hard instead of promising to be good, which is too risky.

The players who laughed at us during spoon bowl, they don’t get the chance to join voluntary training until January.

The RLPA can bugger off since they supported Latrell sniffing talcum powder. That stuff kills the game and reflects poorly on us fans. I wouldn’t break any picket line, except there’s atm.

If I was to take illicit drugs and it was publicised. The stuff on my office desk would be at my front door within the hour.

Last edited:
Plus our voluntary attendees, they get to meet with sponsors and are given free gifts for their families. Just small things like a hundred dollar fuel vouchers etc for a wife, pet insurance discounts, toys for the kids.

Good idea TSP. Give them freebies and then dob them into the integrity unit in the hope their team's salary cap has been violated. Kind of like a Stephen Bradbury approach to success. We could be the last team standing. Who knows?

Having said that I abhor dobbers in almost all their forms. Laggers get bashed used to be a popular term back in my school days. And was put into practice more than once.

Nutz

Bench
The RLPA can bugger off since they supported Latrell sniffing talcum powder. That stuff kills the game and reflects poorly on us fans. I wouldn’t break any picket line, except there’s atm.

If I was to take illicit drugs and it was publicised. The stuff on my office desk would be at my front door within the hour
Yep, it seems this world wide problem doesn’t concern too many these days and I blame my generation for not educating the powers to be of this generation on how to be a good example to the youth. To highlight how drugs can breakdown family values, waste money and lose their integrity.
The NRL, NRL Integrity Unit, Clubs and RLPA need to teach the importance of being a good role model by upholding stds and not sway from doing what's right.
All those kids who idolise Mitchel, Trindall, Holmes and many more were probably hoping their idols got off their charges so they dont miss any games or other sanctions. Instead they should feel gutted and let down that this sort of thing has happened to them.
The players should feel ashamed that they have let little Johnny or Suzie down for a few moments of self indulgence.

Yep, it seems this world wide problem doesn’t concern too many these days and I blame my generation for not educating the powers to be of this generation on how to be a good example to the youth. To highlight how drugs can breakdown family values, waste money and lose their integrity.
The NRL, NRL Integrity Unit, Clubs and RLPA need to teach the importance of being a good role model by upholding stds and not sway from doing what's right.
All those kids who idolise Mitchel, Trindall, Holmes and many more were probably hoping their idols got off their charges so they dont miss any games or other sanctions. Instead they should feel gutted and let down that this sort of thing has happened to them.
The players should feel ashamed that they have let little Johnny or Suzie down for a few moments of self indulgence.
The list of washed out no hopers who went for the fast life as league players is long and legendary.

Wasted talent that very few people care less about.

Players like DCE will stay in peoples hearts for years to come after he retires and you get the sense his life’s journey is just starting out.

Latrell will be lucky to live to 40.

And all these “yes” people will have his blood on their hands.

No discipline, they don’t care.
Alleged drugs, who cares.
Firearms, who cares.
Bad behaviour, who cares
Violence in the game, slap across the wrist.
Let his team mates down, so what
Turn south’s into a half way house, no worries.
$1m a season, yep, reward him for it all.
Result: most ordinary fans think he’s a mug, don’t like him, never will.

And Bennet saying he doesn’t want to change him. That’s senility, selfishness and stupidity.

Dolphins mark 2 is upon South’s. Once Richo left, they’ve struggled.

Last edited:
Thr US flag spoils an awesome photo
They generally love their patriotism as do we here.

But these are changing times all over the world.

There’s some big forces out there, they are called meta, x and Tik Tok.

And countries are struggling to contain them within their own borders.

And I think we are going to see their power diminished in favour of state sanctioned information.

And for good and bad reasons I guess.

The stuff people believe is frightening.

Last edited: