What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

Das Hassler

Bench

The pass that stopped the nation…. Well it stopped WT fans in there tracks, which is close enough. Hahaha

Something about that try that I don't know if anyone else noticed at the time....watch the rear video of Marshall's run right through to the pass...It's as if the rest of the team just assumed he was going to score and trotted along as long range spectators....if Richards was brought down there would have only been he and Benji there for the next play....anyway...all's well that ends as a legend :)

I agree with you about the "jobs for the boys" thing. It may be a good selling point from some fans.....but give me someone who is proven in some way anyday. I think the Broncos are going to go down that path and bulldoze the ex-broncos old boys out.....which I think is a good thing for where they are as a club atm. Im thinking this could be Richo's second error.

There is no measuring how bad the effect of spoonbowl will turn out to be.....the result was always going to overrate or underrate the team.
Some interesting points.

Elsewhere I’ve noticed a lot of praise for the appointment, but not on merit but under the mantra of “ Richo knows best”
The cult of personality.

I think the Broncos had a swing at “moving on the matey” when they hired Seibs.

And he was white-anted throughout his tenure, dreadful stuff.

That said, I was surprised that Kevvie wasn’t given another year.

I think Richo is not understanding the frustration and deep centred resentment that the rank and file have with “life on the matey. “

There’s only about 3 or 4 players in the 2005 roster that haven’t had their snout into the trough at some stage.

If we can’t entice a fringe assistant coach in the nrl ( or a handy underling) to help Benji, things are not right at the office.

Its deeply embarrassing to be honest.

It looks unprofessional and to read the crap from the club about Hodgos wonderful coaching career is sickening.

He has slightly better figures than Benji, but that’s not very difficult is it?

Robbie stood up to Benji and it didn’t end well for Robbie. It was not good.

I can’t imagine Hodgo as Yoda.

I’m concerned.

We really need more decent signings, its at critical level Richo. Pick up the phone!

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
The Daly M was awarded to Hughes. He was suspended for one match, deducted 6 points, and still won the medal.
Galvin was suspended for 2 weeks and missed out, stupid ruling on behalf of the NRL.
Galvin was suspended for a hip drop that would not have been an issue a couple of years ago. Why?
Because it wasn't a malicious act and Galvin has only starting playing NRL since breakfast. The kid doesn't have foul play in him.
I think the ruling should be for more deliberate and malicious acts like picking a player up and deliberately driving his head into the ground or something that leaves no doubt in the mind of the adjudicators that it was a dog act.
Hughes was suspended for pushing over a ref. ha ha.
As a side note, Bostok made his debut in rd5 last year which doesn't really make him a Rookie, does it?
Galvin made his debut in rd 2 this year...certainly sounds more of a Rookie to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts