What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Development squad v St Helens Foundation u/16 result

JasonE

Bench
Absolutely stunned at the quality of the Saints kids, gave the bigger Wests side a footballing lesson, thrashing them 42-12 after leading 22-0 at ht.

Match report to follow with some pics.

JasonE

Bench
They play like the Saints SL side, love to throw the ball around and score long range trys, fantastic to watch.

JasonE

Bench
oct 25 v Penrith schools team

oct 30 v Penrith Panthers

Bloody hell Leeds u/16 must be good because they beat Saints quite easily and this Saints team are sensational.
Leeds went through unbeaten, albeit the Foundation competition is a short one consisting of only about 6 weeks

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
JasonE said:

Bloody hell Leeds u/16 must be good because they beat Saints quite easily and this Saints team are sensational.
Leeds went through unbeaten, albeit the Foundation competition is a short one consisting of only about 6 weeks

Leeds?

Leeds Under 16's were knocked out in the Play Offs by Saints Under 16's after finishing fifth or so.

Castleford won this grade in the UK beating Saints in the Final. That team was the players that went on tour?

Am I getting my Junior grades muddled up?

JasonE

Bench
Fairleigh Good! said:
JasonE said:

Leeds?

Leeds Under 16's were knocked out in the Play Offs by Saints Under 16's after finishing fifth or so.

Castleford won this grade in the UK beating Saints in the Final. That team was the players that went on tour?

Yeah, you're getting mixed up with the u/18 side, Cas bt Saints in the GF of the u/18

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
JasonE said:
Fairleigh Good! said:
JasonE said:

Leeds?

Yeah, you're getting mixed up with the u/18 side, Cas bt Saints in the GF of the u/18

That may solve our problem. Leeds would have battered Saints as a lot of the players on this tour played for the Under 18's this season and Scott Moore even in Super League. No wonder the Under 16's were smashed :lol:

MRLA

Juniors
I met most of the St Helens boys and coaching staff last night. Good bunch of kids, doing their club and homeland proud.

Ill be watching them play Chifley College this Monday night.

They were actually telling me that most of them are 17, not 16 though.

yappy

Bench
Saints looked a good combination on the night, but it's important to remember that Wests were only putting up a combination of boys trialling for the last 15 spots in our Ball Squad. They had no combinations at all. That's a bit of shame on us, as I would have loved to see how our best and brightest would have gone. I suspect with guys like current NSW U/17's players Dean Rysko, and Shannon McDonnell and their regular team mates the game would have been a lot more intense.

Still don't want to take anything from Saints who showed that they do very good development work with their youngsters. These boys wouldn't look out of place at all in Ball and clearly some boys will go much further. You can't do much better than win all of your games. It's important for the game that the pommies close the gap and they certainly look like they are on the right track. Hope the boys enjoyed the huge pile of steaks that were being BBQed as I was leaving 8)