What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Magpies Premier League Trials

Achillies

Juniors
Angel Bear said:
Yeah, both good players, There is some talent runing around out there in Group 6. Will be interesting to see if they make the train on squad for PL.

Theres alot of good talent in the Group 6 and 7 competitions aswell as the Illawarra Tooheys league.Guys like Lulia Lulia from Port kembla who is 21 and played center in the NSW country team that toured New Zealand,Dane Kershaw and Matui Taahi from Berkeley who are both 20 and have played Junior reps at all the grades.It will be very interesting to see how Jimmy Newton goes in premier league,I saw him play a few divisional games for Group 6 and then Southern division and he has definatly got loads of potential.Good to see him get a run at the higher level.
Sides in Premier league and the Jim Beam cup should definatly look at these competitions,there is loads of guys down here who could cut it at the higher level.

overtheline

Juniors
It has also been mentioned that Shellharbour Jim Beam are interested in a few from Group 6. Names mentioned Bryce Poisel, Jamie Newton, Nathan Sutton.

Rise_Above13

Juniors
Just on Bart Masters hes a hopeless ball hog! did nothing when i played with him! wests sacked him a year or so ago

overtheline

Juniors
Until there is something posted officially, we will all will just have to wonder whose going to play for the Magpies 2007 season. I get getting the impression that the official Wests Magpies site will not be up and going for some time......if at all?

gotheblues

Juniors
Wests reckon the web site will be up in a few weeks with the Premier League Squad and players that are contracted posted on that site , it's a mystery still who will be in that squad.
I think players that are there for certain don't even know who will be with them yet.

overtheline

Juniors
Thanks, I know the site will be up eventually, just becoming a little impatient. When you speak of the "players that are there for certain" do you mean the ones like Nathan Waters etc. It has been suggested on the Wests Tigers official site that players will be notified by mail. Would just like to know if some of those invited to trial have been lucky enough. As you are aware there are some really good players who trialled, Brinkworth etc and some others who were invited to trial but because of other committments were not able to do so.

mightydragon

Juniors
There have been 634 views of this thread which shows that there is interest in the Magpies. Too bad the club doesnt promote itself and feed the clubs fans with any info for 2007 in regards to Premier League.

overtheline

Juniors
Yep, I would agree with that. The thing that gets me, is that there have been very few leaks. In the closed rugby league community this really suprises me. Usually someone hears this or that, but this is very well guarded.

gotheblues

Juniors
Is there a possibilty Wests Magpies may not enter a Premier League team ?, maybe the powers to be at West's Tigers will get their way and have just the one Premier League Side in the joint venture.
I hope this isn't the case

overtheline

Juniors
You know, I have had the same thought, but did not wnat to mention it. Is just so suspicious. No news, no one's heard any thing. No website. Nothing

mightydragon

Juniors
It wouldnt surprise me. No one knows whats happening and the ship seems rudderless.....has for a few years now though.

girvie

Staff member
Apparently Michael Burns will be playing for Wests next year after being released by the Roosters.

tigesup

Juniors
Why is everone making a big thing of Wests?
Are all the other PL sides out there for everyone to see? I've checked a couple of sites and I can't find a lot of PL sides out there. Maybe noone is entering a side due to dragons putting there JF side in.

Why not relax, I'm sure its gonna happen or is it just another avenue to dump on Western Suburbs?

girvie

Staff member
tigesup said:
Why is everone making a big thing of Wests?
Are all the other PL sides out there for everyone to see? I've checked a couple of sites and I can't find a lot of PL sides out there. Maybe noone is entering a side due to dragons putting there JF side in.

Why not relax, I'm sure its gonna happen or is it just another avenue to dump on Western Suburbs?

Look at this thread:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=146977

There is the least info available on who the Magpies will have for next year. There is a lot more info about who has been retained and signed by every other club.

mightydragon

Juniors
Why is everyone making a big thing of Wests? Well as the views of this thread show, there is plenty of interest in the Maggies. Training is suppose to start this week and there has been no announcement on a squad. As girvie stated, there is limited news on the Maggies compared to most other clubs. The fans would like a taste of whats in store for next year, thats all.
Where is there an indication that other clubs might not be entering PL teams due to the St George decision???

tigesup

Juniors
girvie said:
Look at this thread:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=146977

There is the least info available on who the Magpies will have for next year. There is a lot more info about who has been retained and signed by every other club.

I get your point but where has the info come from? Is it something you and other club supporters have done or is it from the clubs.

People are on about the website and I am disappointed that it is down and it doesn't seem very professional BUT I contacted Canberra about there junior reps (HM & SG Ball) and received a reply that they along with other sides would be put up when the new website is up. Admitedly at least they still have there old site up.

I too think they should have the side out there promoting them to the supporters but continually going on about it on a forum is not going to fix anything. Any true supporters out there in Campbelltown and Wests territory should be getting involved and turning the situation around.

Only wish I lived there, at least I would give it a go and not just whinge.

Latest posts