What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers 10 Commandments

Mader45

Juniors
Thou shalt have new players touted for origin and representative status for 3 weeks before they become average players

Thou shalt have exciting players go down with career ending injuries early in their careers

Thou shalt never win a game convincingly, always allowing the team back into heart attack territory

Thou shalt lose the games we should win and win the games we should lose

Thou shalt never ever buy a superstar in their prime

Thou shalt always lack 2 good halves

Thou shalt treat you like a broken wife, pushing you regularly to the edge of walking away after years of heartache, pain and ineptitude, but know you will never have the heart to leave because you cant ever love anyone else.

Speaks to the losing mentality at the club. We have had 3 ninth place finishes in 4 years but we continue to be okay with it. Look at every other club who missed the finals, the magnitude of the failure for each of those clubs dwarfs the magnitude within our club. Hopefully Madge gets the green light to be ruthless with this squad over the next 24 months, and get us in a position to really challenge for the title.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Thou shalt visit hospitals
Thou shalt visit sheltered workshops
Thou shalt talk how we’re ‘gonna do this/that/the other’ before every f**king game before falling flat on our face
Thou shalt sack players for not being mother f**king Theresa when other clubs wouldn’t because said player can get the team where they need to go.
Thou shalt have fans willing to make cult heroes out of f**king mongoloids (see Fitzy)

The Rosco

Bench
Thou shalt talk how we’re ‘gonna do this/that/the other’ before every f**king game before falling flat on our face
Thou shalt sack players for not being mother f**king Theresa when other clubs wouldn’t because said player can get the team where they need to go.
Thou shalt have fans willing to make cult heroes out of f**king mongoloids (see Fitzy)
Love your work Pete.
Especially the bolded part.

macnaz

Staff member
Hmmm I must say I'm happy to have a no dickhead policy.... we have moved on far more f**kwits with zero to offer than we have lost anymore with quality.

The Rosco

Bench
Hmmm I must say I'm happy to have a no dickhead policy.... we have moved on far more f**kwits with zero to offer than we have lost anymore with quality.
Yeah Mac . . . no way do I support some dickhead that bashed his Mrs, etc.
But look at say Simona and Miilne. I'm not sure what Miilne did . . . but once they have both served their time and repented . . . we are pleading for a strike centre . . and here are these 2 playing for another club. If we are happy with rehabilitated players ( Packer ), then why don't we mend their souls ourselves a la Roosters, and so ensure we have the players we originally had placed in the team ? And not let some other club with a therapist bag themselves a player that's playing for his redemption and reputation for a bargain price ?
Look at Simona. Dog act in ripping off charities and betting" against " his mates. But he didn't rape or bash anyone. When it happened, he was the scum of the earth and was banished to the ends of the earth.
Fast forward a couple of years . . . he still did it, but he's all apologetic now and Gould thinks he deserves a second chance. He's still the same arsehole, but now he's sorry and has got a new club to play for. Basically at our expense.

macnaz

Staff member
When we look at the dickheads moved on .. like i said most weren't worth keeping ... then and even less now.
Simona .. wasnt going that well the year he became a merkin.
Lui was a pea heart on the field but found his courage smashing women.
Milne hadnt even established himself at the club but thought he'd rather be a coke head then play for weststigers
Lovett was blessed he had a clueless coach that picked him even though he was ordinary.. but still chose to throw it away being a coke head.
Mat Lodge just went complete crazy and was impossible to defend at the time.
These guys were not brilliant and the loss of sponsorship and massive criticism from everywhere was not worth committing to them any longer .
Nathan Brown , Andrew Fafita etc were the real big loses and they essentially did nothing wrong apart from not deep throating the coach!

Das Hassler

Bench
The three 9th's in 4 years were under 3 different coaches....two in their first full season.
The last three preseasons under three different coaches
16 > 17 Taylor
17> 18 Cleary
18> 19 Madge
Things havent settled (since Sheens) long enough for any culture...winning or losing to take hold ...what we need is
1 Madge to be given an extended term to hammer the place into shape
2 A continued no exception no dickhead policy
3 Players to never be allowed to run the place ever again !!
The above...simply put...STABILITY and EXPERIENCED DIRECTION !
I don't go along with what our culture is or isn't... coaches. .players and board members have all come and gone...our 3rd coach in 3 years ( Madge) has few players that coach 1 (Taylor) had and therein lies the problem. ..not a club culture of losing...just a club suffering neverending upheaval to the point where some might wonder how we didnt collect all of the eels and knights wooden spoons instead of them! Look at the dragons and knights this year...its not just about talent..both those clubs have more than enough of that..both brimming with rep players yet are further from success than we are.
Back the club...back Madge and just hope Pascoe and O'Farrell can dot the I's and cross the T's properly so that longterm stability is guaranteed.
I helieve ( unless something else unexpected descends upon us) that we finally have a shot.

* Reserve all rights to change my mind at any time of my choosing

Tiger05

First Grade
^^^
Great post Das. We just need consistent good decisions to be made over time. I think Madge looks likely when it comes to being someone who can help drive this.

The only thing I'm not sure about is players running the place. I don't know if this really happened. I think we have some muppets of people in the Turd, Woods and the bitch who were only after themselves and had no loyalty to the club at all and we didn't handle that well but I don't think you could handle it well. Those guys were only ever after taking as much as they could. I doubt we will get a batch of juniors with that poor attitude ever again.

Tigerm

First Grade
I've said it before and so have others, we just need to get into the 8 with some consistency and the rest will come. I believe good players don't want to play at uncompetitive clubs.
I agree Das, we are getting there. The only trouble is, we say this every f**king year.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Thou shall give life memberships to plodders and dickheads.

Das Hassler

Bench
I've said it before and so have others, we just need to get into the 8 with some consistency and the rest will come. I believe good players don't want to play at uncompetitive clubs.
I agree Das, we are getting there. The only trouble is, we say this every f**king year.

We're getting there. ..or at least somewhere if things remain in the hands of the adults...now's the time for another hardarsed Pommy forward
Edit. ...and by "hardarsed Pommy" i DON'T mean a Burgess

WA Tiger

Bench
Thou shall get a captain who stands in front of the ref and just keeps going at him when a bad call is made so he has second thoughts about making a similar bad call later in the game....instead of “thanks for that no problem”

WA Tiger

Bench
.its not just about talent..both those clubs have more than enough of that..both brimming with rep players yet are further from success than we are.
One of the lines of the year for me which maybe confirms your point Hassler is when Brown was asked how he felt about Ponga saying he’s one of the best Coaches he’s ever had ..and Brown says “I just let him do what he wants”...... in a nut shell

Front-Rower

First Grade
One of the lines of the year for me which maybe confirms your point Hassler is when Brown was asked how he felt about Ponga saying he’s one of the best Coaches he’s ever had ..and Brown says “I just let him do what he wants”...... in a nut shell

And Benji Marshall openly stated to Braith Anasta on Fox League this year that Tim Sheens didn’t have a game plan in 2005. His only theory was to score more points than the opposition.

Latest posts