What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers announce their 2013 squad.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
WESTS TIGERS 2013 NRL SQUAD

Blake Ayshford, Braith Anasta, Matthew Bell, Adam Blair, Jack Buchanan, Robbie Farah, Mosese Fotuiaka, Liam Fulton, Keith Galloway, Matthew Groat, Masada Iosefa, Marika Koroibete, Chris Lawrence, Benji Marshall, Jacob Miller, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Sean Meaney, Tim Moltzen, Taqele Naiyaravaro, David Nufoaluma, Eddy Pettybourne, Joel Reddy, Ava Seumanufagai, Tim Simona, Curtis Sironen, Shaun Spence, Jesse Sue, James Tedesco, Bodene Thompson, Lote Tuqiri, Matt Utai, Aaron Woods.

The following NYC players will train with the Wests Tigers NRL squad till Christmas: Kurtis Rowe, Mitchell Moses, Luke Brooks, Brendan Santi, Andrew Vela, Kyle Lovett, Nathan Brown, Manaia Cherrington.
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-display/Mick-Potter-puts-players-through-first-preseason-session/65660

Of note, WT have retained Sean Meaney, Tim Simona, Shaun Spence, Matt Groat and Lote Tuquiri. I presume Tuqiri is training subject to completion of contract extension negotitions as nothing has been announced.

Gone for 2013 are- Gareth Ellis, Chris Heighington, Tom Humble, Junior Moors, Dane Chisholm and Beau Ryan (signed with other clubs) and Jack Spencer, Ray Cashmere, John Grant and Pat Politini look like they’ve either been released or retired.

Our biggest loss will be Ellis at this stage. I hope one of the backrowers can step up, hopefully Blair to earn his coin but if not him someone oelse.

Howabout we try a top 17 from that lot now for the first few games? I’m assuming Tedesco will still be out at this stage. Will get back with my top 17 shortly.

Edit- oh darn- definite confirmation Royce Simmons is back as an asst coach;

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/wests-tigers/onschedule-micks-no-hurry-potter-20121105-28u5w.html

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
i'm a bit worried about the lack of veteran props. But apart from that I'm very excited to see what we can achieve in 2013!

Tiger05

First Grade
Lots of losses in that squad and I think we are weaker however we still have enough talent there to do well.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Lots of losses in that squad and I think we are weaker however we still have enough talent there to do well.

Agree weve had some losses but looking at the squad I reckon we can be competitive and realisticly aim at top 8. We still have some very experiecned footballers to rely on and steady things if needed and bringing on some of the younguns now can only be good. Here's to 2013 and the new era for WT's

Ron's_Mate

Bench
If the new coach has them playing with some toughness and discipline we should do OK. The talent is there.

Matchball

Bench
Strength and conditioning coach is still Skando.

Why wasnt he let go due to his performance? We showed no strength or conditioning last season.
Not to worry, Royce is back with some new witches hats.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
The Flying Fox has returned with the sizzler
All will be good and we'll return to the starchy defences of 2006-2009

super_coach

First Grade
Can't see any changes to the coaching staff until Sheens future is decided.

Keep forgetting we still have the nightmare of Sheens still lingering in the background. He must be a special for one of the jobs for the boys at the commission. My worst nightmare if he stayed on in any capacity in tigertown

Ned Kelly

Juniors

Why wasnt he let go due to his performance? We showed no strength or conditioning last season.

Don't know about that. They often came good towards the end of the game (at least improved a little on their woeful starts) I think it was more about lack of enthusiasm. More players or coach's responsibility than Skando's job.

Ease up on Skando please.

On the basis that you thought we 'showed' no strength and conditioning on the paddock last season you're criticizing how well Skando does his job.....

Do you really have any idea what he does on a day to day basis?

Anyway...if the team plays to their ability, we are fortunate with injuries and a couple of young guys step up then we are a good chance for the top four.

A good squad capable of winning the premiership.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I loved the way Sheens could put players in unexpected positions to confuse the other team.
Selection was a mixture of sense and non-sense. So with that in mind here is what Sheens might have done.

1. Chris Lawrence
2. Marika Koroibete
3.Blake Ayshford
4 Curtis Sironen
5 James Tedesco,
6 Benji Marshall
7.Braith Anasta
8.Aaron Woods
9.Robbie Farah
10.Keith Galloway
11.Eddy Pettybourne
12.Bodene Thompson
13.Matt Utai

bench Lote Tuqiri (2nd row replacement) Adam Blair (just because Sheen's was happy with him all this season) Tim Moltzen (otherwise Benji will be upset) Ben Murdoch-Masila ( well, that's because I actually do want him in the team)

To be fair to Skando, our issues last year were every bit attitude based as they were fitness. I don't think he's the right man to head up the Strength and Conditioning, but fitness will only get you so far when you still mentally check out 15 minutes into the game.

Latest posts