What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers Apology

nqboy

First Grade
http://www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=12987

Wests Tigers would like to thank everyone who has supported the Club throughout Season 2005 and the Finals Series. 2005 has been a year of unimaginable highs for Wests Tigers and this would not have been possible without the assistance of so many people.

Adding to the excitement was the record breaking 2.569 million Australians who tuned in through the Nine Network across the capital cities of Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne to watch the Grand Final delivering Channel Nine the most watched programme of the year in Sydney and Brisbane.

Understandably Sundays win was an emotional time for the players and staff who had put countless hours into making the Grand Final, and while that is no excuse for the language used during the post match interviews, it is a reflection of the raw emotion experienced on the night.

Wests Tigers would like to apologise to the families and young viewers who were offended.

“It has been an amazing couple of weeks for the Club and the build up and hype was evident in the players post match interviews”

“ I appreciate that some of the players interviewed were over awed by the moment and they sincerely regret using such language during the free to air coverage”, said CEO Stephen Noyce.

QldRabbit

Juniors
How about a apology to all the die hard western suburb fans who have been basically forgotten.

innsaneink

Referee
nqboy said:
http://www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=12987

Wests Tigers would like to thank everyone who has supported the Club throughout Season 2005 and the Finals Series. 2005 has been a year of unimaginable highs for Wests Tigers and this would not have been possible without the assistance of so many people.

Adding to the excitement was the record breaking 2.569 million Australians who tuned in through the Nine Network across the capital cities of Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne to watch the Grand Final delivering Channel Nine the most watched programme of the year in Sydney and Brisbane.

Understandably Sundays win was an emotional time for the players and staff who had put countless hours into making the Grand Final, and while that is no excuse for the language used during the post match interviews, it is a reflection of the raw emotion experienced on the night.

Wests Tigers would like to apologise to the families and young viewers who were offended.

“It has been an amazing couple of weeks for the Club and the build up and hype was evident in the players post match interviews”

“ I appreciate that some of the players interviewed were over awed by the moment and they sincerely regret using such language during the free to air coverage”, said CEO Stephen Noyce.

001821BS.jpg

Token gesture, a bit like Scott Princes selection for Australia.

f**k em all, I say.

Kiwi

First Grade
Ahhh I wouldn't worry about an apoligy, anybody that needs one should stop and think if they could control themselves if they'd just done something similar to what these young Tigers have and then they can sit down and have a nice warm cup of shut the f**k up

Bulldog Power

Juniors
dont worry, you forgotten fans of the nrl.... we are thinking of you

even if the people who benefited from swallowing your clubs arnt... dont worry guys

innsaneink

Referee
As someone mentioned on talkinsport......how many 'f**ks' do we lip read each game, every time a player stuffs up?

Its still a 'f**k' whether we see it or hear it, Channel 9 insist on replaying these as well!:roll:

pantherz9103

First Grade
You f**kin beauty Tigers! No need to apologise. I'm just f**king glad you won the comp and not some team like the Broncos, Stain George, Bulldicks or Rorters

well f**ken done Tigers,you do not need to f**ken apologise as most f**ken supporters ,f**ken understand that you guys were f**ken happy about winning the f**ken grand final,after a brilliant f**ken second half to the f**ken season :)))))))

and to all the whingers and wowsers go f**k yourselves. :))))))))

aussies1st

Staff member
Its all about the image of the club. I don't think they are sorry, they just had to do it to satisfy the public.