What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers take over bid

Could be a way for NRL to get to 18 clubs with min risk and investment?

West Sydney Magpies out of redeveloped Campbelltown and West Coast Tigers or East Brisbane Tigers making up an 18 club comp in 2026? Be very interesting to know if Sage is behind the Elias offer (Or Brisbane Easts). Is it coincidence that this has come at the same time that Sage has re-emerged to talk Perth expansion claiming he has a consortium willing to put $30million up for a club?

West Coast Tigers playing 9 games in Perth and 3 at Leichardt doesnt sound so far fetched, maybe? Be interesting to know if the staunch Balmain fans would rather continue to be a pseudo Magpies club with just a bit of the old Balmain branding and still based in Sydney or if they would rather go back to full on tigers brand with a 9-3 split with Perth? I could see the three game Leichardt West Coast Tigers Memberships being very popular! throw in a Tigers in Sydney membership for say 4 away games against Eels, Souths, Bulldogs and Magpies every year (that would be a cracking rivalry from day one!) with the 20k Perth RL fans and yoU have potentially one of the biggest membership clubs in the NRL!
Aren't the colours of WA yellow and black?

A West Coast Tigers based out of Perth, yellow and black, would be a good fit.

Yes those are our state and NRLWA rep colours.
View attachment 48183

A more yellow and black like this would work well

View attachment 48182
It would be great for the game to have the West Coast Tigers in the RL. More people watching and playing the game in Australia's fourth largest metropolitan area, making the game more appealing to advertisers. For that reason the ARLC will never let it happen.

roofromoz

First Grade
Better sponsors closer to the city, i wouldn't move them permanently there, although training there fulltime is the better option, and in a few years time playing out of the Liverpool stadium they had proposed would solve their nomadic issues

Massive growth corridor in the south west and there are new clubs being formed like the Oran Park Chargers. Could also tap into Group 6 which has had their fair share of talent come through, such as Tedesco.

Diesel

Referee
Cambos might be too far gone. The club has ignored the area since inception.
How long before Penrith start taking over Campbo?
Wests have always taken the lesser games or lower crowd pulling games to Campbelltown

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Also was funny when Ikin asked what he would bring or issues he identified... all I heard was results on field and board closer to coach and players ... well to me it says the fundamentals of the club is fine and they just got to get a ceo who can bridge the divide with board and nrl team

So the MOST vapid and meaningless shit possible...

“we want RL people ... we want to focus of the GAME ... guys who dictate terms!!!”

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ever since the JV started I have hated the name "Wests Tigers". Wests is not a proper club first name. It is a nickname. It is like a bloke name James getting his birth certificate changed to have "Jimmy" as his legal name. It should have been Western Suburbs or West Sydney

Dark Corner

Juniors
I could definitely cop that and remain a supporter. I support far away teams like Wigan RL and LA Lakers yet the Tigers moving to Perth would seem like the death knell of my support to the club. Being a Tigers supporter since 1988, I've been through way more shit times than good in following the game.
To be honest, Im not 100% sure if a move to Perth would end my support but it would test it considering the unhappiness I fee about the clubs direction over the last ten years.
Time is a great healer.

If we want to sell the NRL to the rest of the world we need to use brands that sound credible.

Western Sydney Tigers
Western Sydney Magpies

The proper noun Sydney has to be in it so people outside of Australia know where it is. Sydney is Australia's most well known city, so let's use that to our advantage.

Money can be made by taking a club that has "Sydney" in its name to overseas markets and establishing some sort of link with the local community. America, Canada or England would be a great place to start. Visit schools and universities during the off-season to teach them about the game. Give the schools a Blu-Ray to help them understand the game, showcase the most exciting aspects of the sport and leave behind some footballs and training manuals so that the schools can add the game to their curriculum. It would leave a huge impression on the students. Provide a foreign membership option that allows signed up members to stream every NRL game live and on demand, provides caps player cards and stickers of the team logo so they can put it on their school bags, skate boards and school books. It's great advertising.

But do not use the name Wests Tigers. It sounds low brow and informal.

Ever since the JV started I have hated the name "Wests Tigers". Wests is not a proper club first name. It is a nickname. It is like a bloke name James getting his birth certificate changed to have "Jimmy" as his legal name. It should have been Western Suburbs or West Sydney

I'm sure the Tigers give a f**k what a Souffs fan thinks.

Latest posts