What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers take over bid

Mr Spock!

Referee
Hahahaha.

A souffs fan going on about loyalty and trust....

In 1909 when one team stood on principle and refused to play as a curtain raiser to line the pockets of rugby union, where was the loyalty and trust you speak of?
Bahaha still going on about 1909 and the mythology around it.

You are aware Balmain was at fault. They wanted control of the game.

Not that it matters because Balmain no longer exists.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Hahahaha.

A souffs fan going on about loyalty and trust....

In 1909 when one team stood on principle and refused to play as a curtain raiser to line the pockets of rugby union, where was the loyalty and trust you speak of?

Not that it matters because Balmain no longe
I meant his loyalty. Easts supporter one day - Souths the next. Wouldn’t want to pin my club’s future on someone like that.

Yeah a bit like luke Keary or Angus Crichton or Ron coote.

If they moved to Perth, Im pretty much done supporting them. I'll switch to the new Brisbane team as I live in SE Qld.
I don't like relocation, the Swans still having South Melbourne on their jerseys and they went around south Melbourne after winning the GF, sounds silly to me; but I live in Britain and have never been to Oz or the States, so...

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

Not that it matters because Balmain no longe

Souffs fans selectively applying history.

I will. All he will know is a picture of a tiger and a bird.

He probably never even heard of Balmain.

And most souffs fans have only seen one premiership, using that logic....

You're making an awful lot of selective assumptions in your arguments. Applying the same logic to your own team, the souffs Sydney Rusty's (est 2001/2007) is fun

Oh yeah now we're at war with EPL, NFL, NBA and La Liga (whatever the f**k that is - they'd better work on their marketing). Don't forget Ice Hockey in Toronto, Russian Paraplegic Gymnastics and the Scottish Caber toss, and the Mongolian Rolling Marathon for people with no arms or legs.

I'm yet to see a kid that watches any of them.
20 years ago when I went to school the EPL was what 80% of my peers watched and spoke about. My nephews have played every sport except RL.

It's not the 1980s anymore. Walk around the city and observe what people wear. Even at NRL games you'll see adults wearing merchandise of NY Yankees, LA Lakers and other American sporting teams. Rebel sport sell NCAA basketball singlets and has all the major soccer teams from across the world. You're stuck in the 1980s.

Optus Sport has focused on securing broadcast rights for the EPL and other major soccer competitions, and guess what, they have more customers than Kayo.

https://www.afr.com/companies/media...als-sport-subscribers-numbers-20190807-p52em9

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
20 years ago when I went to school the EPL was what 80% of my peers watched and spoke about. My nephews have played every sport except RL.

It's not the 1980s anymore. Walk around the city and observe what people wear. Even at NRL games you'll see adults wearing merchandise of NY Yankees, LA Lakers and other American sporting teams. Rebel sport sell NCAA basketball singlets and has all the major soccer teams from across the world. You're stuck in the 1980s.

Optus Sport has focused on securing broadcast rights for the EPL and other major soccer competitions, and guess what, they have more customers than Kayo.

https://www.afr.com/companies/media...als-sport-subscribers-numbers-20190807-p52em9
I remember in the 90's there where more kids wearing this:

Jordan-Bulls-2.jpg

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I've always found that if you meet a Wests fan who used to support the Magpies, they are invariably good people. However if they are old Balmain fans they are nearly always big mouth know-it-alls who you can't wait to get away from.
It's a front we put on specifically to annoy you. Ironically, you are being a big mouthed know it all souffs fan telling tigers fans what they should think and how they should view their own club.

Last edited: