What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers Trial Match v Eels [Team Lists]

azsportza

Live Update Team
Sweet...did they let you go right up the back in the rooms in the main stand? Good view there

Indeed, I was in the Western Grandstand in the main camera bay. This is what you can expect from the highlights.

BDRmfw6CAAAZgHf.jpg

azsportza

Live Update Team
An update for you all - The video has been in the Bigpond system for three hours now, we're waiting on it to be pushed to the Tigers website. It's been a major failure of the system to take this long. Hopefully it's there tonight.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I couldn't make it but a mate went and he said Blair looked much better than last year.

I too am concerned by our lack of speed out wide, Koro aside. For me I don't think Ayshford should be playing first grade, but clean slate and all, I suppose.

macnaz

Staff member
Yeah its a pity Grant didnt hang around to see if he could get a shot. We have a couple of others like Simona if needed i guess. Dont forget our 05 backs werent exactly speedsters either.

macnaz

Staff member
An update for you all - The video has been in the Bigpond system for three hours now, we're waiting on it to be pushed to the Tigers website. It's been a major failure of the system to take this long. Hopefully it's there tonight.

Thats bigpond for ya :( .

FootynRacing

Juniors

Just watched your highlights Az, great job.

FootynRacing

Juniors
I have to say, having gone to the game on Saturday night i feel much better about the season ahead than i did beforehand. Great to see Tedesco get a run, i don't think the injury has lowered his confidence much / if at all. Koroibete's try was just exciting to watch, i think he is my new fav player. I expected Marshall to be on the left side but think Anasta did a decent job out there. It was only a trial sure but i thought it was good to only have 1 try scored against us and really it came at a time where a few players had just gone off or swapped positions so maybe things were still a little unorganised at the time. It's just awesome to have the footy back !!! Keen for 2013, i'm not saying i think we can win the comp but i expect us to surprise a few people and think we should definitely make the finals

W.Smith

Juniors
Gr8 to have footy back ! - after going to watch the footy at Belmore on Satdy, Jun reps Saints/Dogs, U20s/Cutters/Dogs the daughters and i went out to Campbelltown and watched the Tigers/Parra

brilliant crowd for a trial, nice n noisy too but the footy from Wests was pretty good too, Parra had a few big names out but n looked ordinary but you can only play whats in front of you and the Tigers did a good job i thought

Braith on the left is a good option and could cause some problems when Wests play expansive, especially with his good passing game - one cut out pass on Satdy night to Koro was a beauty !! - Braiths ability to get the ball in behind the defence with grubbers for Koro or long chase kicks will be something right side defences will hafta be on guard for, i really think Braith is gonna be good for the Tige's

and that Marshall kick for Koro was a ripper and the speed he chased and hit the ball at right in front of us was awesome to watch

only a trial but good signs nonetheless

FootynRacing

Juniors
Gr8 to have footy back ! - after going to watch the footy at Belmore on Satdy, Jun reps Saints/Dogs, U20s/Cutters/Dogs the daughters and i went out to Campbelltown and watched the Tigers/Parra

and that Marshall kick for Koro was a ripper and the speed he chased and hit the ball at right in front of us was awesome to watch

It really was hey, definitely my highlight of the match.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing. I'm happy with the result. Thank you sir! Hopefully the video is on Bigpond soon so I can make the YouTube video live.

Just saw it on the Tigers Webb site.
Mate, nicely done!

I'll appreciate anything you do over the next year (or longer)

All you need now is a friend who thinks he is a commentator to sit next to you and call it.

Seriously, very impressed. It's obvious a lot of work went in to it.:D

azsportza

Live Update Team
Just saw it on the Tigers Webb site.
Mate, nicely done!

I'll appreciate anything you do over the next year (or longer)

All you need now is a friend who thinks he is a commentator to sit next to you and call it.

Seriously, very impressed. It's obvious a lot of work went in to it.:D

haha thanks, I could have filmed and commentated on it. That was the hard thing, not to make any sounds or comments while recording :p

All up would have been about 8 hours of work, if you include filming the game - editing and then upload

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Great work mate, really appreciated!

Ayshford looks so slow. Any player with a bit of pace would have scored off that break he made. That spot is going to be a concern, IMO.

My mate who is a Parra fan went to the game and couldn't stop praising Koroibete, reckons he is a lock in for winger of the year. Hard to argue, he is a beast. And still so raw.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Great work mate, really appreciated!

Ayshford looks so slow. Any player with a bit of pace would have scored off that break he made. That spot is going to be a concern, IMO.

Tigers biggest weakness are the centres.

Ayshford very slow and a poor defender.

Poor Lawrence hasn't been the same since those injuries in 2011.

We don't seem to have too many other options either.