What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers v Melbourne Storm *Live Updates*

colonel_123

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
f**k ild be scared too....but slater would be a moron to try and stand up to skando...he would only get himself crunched in a tackle and perhaps knocked the frigg out.

Personally I was glad Slater didn't run at Skandalis.

I kept thinking the way this has riled Skandalis up, he has to be careful he doesn't lose concentration and race out of the line and put a high shot on someone.

He looked like a man possessed for a while out there and luckily managed to keep his head and not get himself in trouble with any silly stuff.

shadow grinder

First Grade
colonel_123 said:
Personally I was glad Slater didn't run at Skandalis.

I kept thinking the way this has riled Skandalis up, he has to be careful he doesn't lose concentration and race out of the line and put a high shot on someone.

He looked like a man possessed for a while out there and luckily managed to keep his head and not get himself in trouble with any silly stuff.

i agree...i think both slater and skando would be thanking white for stepping in.

LESStar58

Referee
"They just felt sorry for us," said Storm coach Craig Bellamy.
"We are the worst team in the competition with completion rates and we didn't improve today."

Always the team's worst critic is Bellamy.......and rightly so. Don't think he'll be affording the team any rest over the next fortnight....even with the bye. We must improve...

colonel_123

Juniors
dodge said:
I'm sorry, and why should Slater be penalised? Because his foot connected with poor widdle Johnny's face? Give me a break, Skando shouldn't have been holding on and I'm sure if Billy meant to kick him the face he would've done a bit more damage than that.

Skandalis shouldn't have been holding on? He'd been making a tackle? How else is he supposed to tackle a player with out holding onto him?

Slater off loaded and for a moment Skandalis still had his hands around Slater's foot. Slater then connected with Skandalis' head with his foot.

Like I said, I haven't seen a replay and if a replay shows something different to what I recall then I'll admit I'm wrong but from the one look I got it looked like Slater could be in trouble if they manage to find video evidence of the incident.

colonel_123

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
i didnt see the incident...but ild assume it was an accident.

Well like I said I only saw it once.

I won't speculate past the first impression I got, seeing it once, until/if I see a replay.

Y2Eel

First Grade
vlad said:
doesn't matter how you sugar coat it ... consolation tries when the game has been won are consolation tries .

The Storm only scored them when the Tigers put the cue in the rack ... and in the Storm coach's own words ....

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Magic-Marshall-slays-Melbourne-Storm/2006/04/02/1143916400801.html

"They just felt sorry for us," said Storm coach Craig Bellamy.
"We are the worst team in the competition with completion rates and we didn't improve today."

;-)

4 consolation tries?? i'd say the tigers were tired and the storm were playing for their lives footy...

tiger_nick

Bench
Yeah Skando was fired up! Had his best game in agessssss, I said to my mate 'Maybe Skando should kicked in the head more often!' hahaa

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Davester said:
Over one game? :?

:lol: It was just a gentle stab at the fact he kicked 1/7. Would've put the game beyond doubt had he stabbed one or two more over.

tiger_nick said:
From about 10-65 minute mark Wests were on fire. I'll admit I thought we got the majority of the 50/50 calls but thats what a big home crowd will do for you.

Lolesi and Slater should both be in a lot of trouble IMO. Slater is such a cat, didnt run the ball once until Skando went off the field. Then on a kick return Skando was infront of him and he throws a wild 20m pass to his winger who had no room. Its lucky White was there, otherwise Skando would probably have been marched for punching the sh*t out of Slater. I have honestly never seen a bloke look so scared for so long on a footy field

50/50 calls ???....try 90/10 calls all in Wests favour...that ref is a fool.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
innsaneink said:
But theyre all fools, especially when your team loses.

You've hit the nail on the head. Everyone complains about the ref when their team loses. Sometimes it's justified, sometimes it's irrational, but it almost always happens. Either way, IMO, ref's calls shouldn't affect a teams ability to win. Don't put yourself in a position to break the rules, play to your best. That way if you lose, it's no-one elses fault.

But that's not to say refs can't have sh*t games ;-)

tiger_nick

Bench
kia ora storm said:
50/50 calls ???....try 90/10 calls all in Wests favour...that ref is a fool.

Do you even know what a 50/50 call is?

Of course 90/10 calls would go in one teams favour, 90% of the time.

shadow grinder

First Grade
the ref was a fool....but i think if he was a fool and storm had held the ball and could defend then we would have been in it for much longer and could have pulled a victory out of somewhere....but instead of shrugging the sh*tty calls off they just made it worse by making mistakes.

effnic

Bench
shadow grinder said:
he had a shocker....but orford is still the worst goal kicker.
:roll: someone missed satuday nights game. Storm are just now showing there true colours they wont do squat this year.

shadow grinder

First Grade
effnic said:
:roll: someone missed satuday nights game. Storm are just now showing there true colours they wont do squat this year.

:lol: so because he got 3 easy kicks....he is now regarded a really good kicker? :lol::lol:

Latest posts