What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys Final

Tigers or Cowboys to win?

• Cowboys

Votes: 75 48.4%
  • Tigers

Votes: 80 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
The two teams that have the potential to play the most exciting open football in the NRL. Cowboys are well and truly over their form slump and the Tigers have to get out of theirs in just a 5 day turn around. Both teams have only one player injured with Josh Hannay for the cowboys and Todd Payton for the Tigers. So who is going to win?

Nickeel

Juniors
Tap Twist Snap said:
The two teams that have the potential to play the most exciting open football in the NRL. Cowboys are well and truly over their form slump and the Tigers have to get out of theirs in just a 5 day turn around. Both teams have only one player injured with Josh Hannay for the cowboys and Todd Payton for the Tigers. So who is going to win?

Looking forward to it immensely. Friday and finals football, in all their alliterative glory, can't come soon enough.

As for a tip? Search me... will lean towards the Tigers, predominantly because there should be near 35-40,000 out there bringing them home. If they don't win on Friday, and bring up three losses on the trot, their campaign is in trouble.

Will be fascinating.

Nick

Can't say I'm confident after yesterday, but we did beat them easily a few weeks ago. I'm just hoping that yesterday's non-effort was more down to thinking about the next game than a real slump.

Payten is a bigger loss than I thought he would be.

Mr Saab

Referee
tigers have zero size in the forwards and the cowboys will repeat what they did to the dogs in 2004 in the semis.
Tigers wont win a semi

The_Coach

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
tigers have zero size in the forwards and the cowboys will repeat what they did to the dogs in 2004 in the semis.
Tigers wont win a semi

Alot changes in a week hey Charlie.

Last week the Broncos were going to go out with a 1-2 punch. Now it's the Tigers.

Broncos are contenders again, and Tigers are revealed as pretenders.

Scott

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
Tigers wont win a semi

I tend to agree. The Tigers had their day (2 months) in the sun. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Tigers out in the first week! I just have a gut feeling over Manly. They are 1 team that can cause problems for Parramatta. Also, the Storm will do as they did last year and beat Brisbane at Suncorp. All this equals Cronulla ans Tigers gone in Week 1.

We shall see...

Scott

Bench
True that - if Webb is out, it will make a difference. I love the Tigers, but just don't think it is going to happen this year!

Mr Saab

Referee
webb will be no great loss. He hasnt been the same since he came back from the groin injury.
Cowboys forwards are too big for the tigers...even more so with no Payten.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Tigers will bounce back. Tigers by 14 but they really need their forwards to stand up. The big Panther pack steamrolled them.

Dakink

Bench
I think the Tigers may struggle, depending on Webb. They need this exposure to Finals type footy and are more likely to suceed next year - though Im not writing them off asif their passes stick they can put points on anyone. Though points are harder to score in finals footy as the intensity of defence increases.

smeghead

Bench
It is a bounce of the ball game for mine. On recent form the Cowboys. However both teams have hit form out of the blue at different stages during the season.
Whoever has the most plays that come off will win. As always I back my Tigers but that doesnt mean much

thickos

First Grade
There'll be plenty of points... but the Tigers lack of intensity yesterday in the bits I caught was worrying. I think the Cowboys will be extremely confident, having won a final there last year.

Cows by 6... 34-28.

wittyfan

Referee
Cowboys gained a lot of last year's finals and should win this game. Plus they have some good form of late.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
If we start off like we did against the Panthers I have no doubt we will come out with a win, the kids focus wasn't their yesterday and you could see they switched off straight away even in the 2nd half they looked like they were half asleep

To be honest I feel more comfortable playing the Cowboys than playing the Storm this week for some reason the Storm this season have had the wood on us were as the Cowboys haven't

Besides which what better way for Sheens to get his 250th win in the top compition than against the club that said he was no good!

aussies1st

Staff member
Cowboys are starting to hit form. Tigers haven't been too good lately. Cowboys to take the win cause of their finals experience.

Latest posts