What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys Final

Tigers or Cowboys to win?

• Cowboys

Votes: 75 48.4%
  • Tigers

Votes: 80 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simon says

First Grade
Im hoping that 40k tiger fans might help the boys lift...we have been dissapointing for the last two weeks,but in saying that,we have come up against two teams that were right on the top of their game....

The comps that close,we only have to improve a little.I wouldnt be writing us off yet,but I cant blame anyone for doing it.....

Jordan

Juniors
I'm hoping the Cowboys will win obviously.. but Webb will be a big loss if he's suspended. I'd imagine someone like Faiumu would come back into the side though.

There wasn't all that much in that game against the Tigers a few weeks ago...a few things went the Tigers way like the kickoff that hit the post and another try which was scored against the run of play when the Cowboys looked like they might score. I think the Cowboys can win, but enthusiasm is a dangerous thing (as seen with the Panthers in 2003 and Cowboys last year). I just hope the Cowboys are on for the game, but I'm sure they will be..

Jordan said:
I'm hoping the Cowboys will win obviously.. but Webb will be a big loss if he's suspended. I'd imagine someone like Faiumu would come back into the side though.

There wasn't all that much in that game against the Tigers a few weeks ago...a few things went the Tigers way like the kickoff that hit the post and another try which was scored against the run of play when the Cowboys looked like they might score. I think the Cowboys can win, but enthusiasm is a dangerous thing (as seen with the Panthers in 2003 and Cowboys last year). I just hope the Cowboys are on for the game, but I'm sure they will be..

Mate, the game a few weeks ago should have ended 50-4. The Tigers played awful football for the majority of the 2nd half and really should've kicked on from their 28-4 lead. The cowboys were abysmal.
In saying that, the two sides are in substantially different positions than when they played each other last.
The Cowboys have not been outstanding but they are gradually regaining momentum. Wests, on the other hand are facing enormous uncertainty after they were flogged by Penrith. The score on Sunday could easily have eclipsed the half century if Penrith hadn't bungled a few try scoring oppurtunities. I have not seen the Tiger's weaknesses- their lack of size, power and speed in defence so ruthlessly exposed by a far superior side since the 50-0 game v saints last year.

elyod138

Bench
Exactly, if the cowboys played half decent against the tigers last time they would have won. They played very poorly and it was still fairly close in the end.

wally80

Juniors
Cowboys will win - we won't miss Webb all that much - there will be plenty of players willing to step up

Balmain_Boy

elyod138 said:
Exactly, if the cowboys played half decent against the tigers last time they would have won. They played very poorly and it was still fairly close in the end.

BS it was close.

It was as close as we were against melbourne. A few late trys made the scores look closer. We were on top the whole match. We didn't take our chances and so we ddin't put the cowboys away. We were all over them however.

elyod138 said:

It was far froml close. The Tigers were leading 28-4 and for the final twenty minutes their intensity was comparable to any of their worst performances of the year including last week. However, I don't think either side can draw ANYTHING from that game because the Cowboys were at their lowest level (only Thurston played well) and Wests have regressed since then.

Another factor to take into account in the neutral venue. Any home ground advantage that Wests would have enjoyed has been almost nullified.

elyod138 said:
There were 2 tries in it.

Did you check the result 4 weeks later in a copy of the Tasmanian Mercury?

Clearly you didn't watch the game. Cowboys were resoundly beaten just as the Tigers were heavily beated by Melbourne last week. I usually avoid old chestnuts but here's one for you, the final score did not reflect the course of the match.

Yeah I was there and it was pretty one-sided, it was over well before the siren. Our blokes clocked off and the Cowboys scored a couple of late tries.

I hope that match is relevant to Friday night's match, but I don't think it is.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
As a tigers fan im just so happy to be here!
I honestly couldn't care less if we lose!
Im just so happy to know that we made it!
Anything more than a loss would be a bonus!
...but i just can't see the Tigers winning again this year

ucantseeme

Juniors
In the last 2 losses even tho the Tigers played poorly they could have pinched a win in both games if their defense was 1% better and a couple of passes stuck so it's not the end of the world just yet, besides, being in the top 4 means they get 2 bites at the cherry unless Manly & Cronulla can perform miracles

BWNB

First Grade
Tigers easy they are have been saving their best for 2 weeks now , they will fire up and blow the cowboys off the park , tigers by 13