What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wests to play in christchurch

Once Dead

Bench
yappy said:
You're kidding Simon. It's not the fans responsibility to promote their stinking games - it's the clubs. Like I said sure it may have some short term benefit, but in the long term it merely helps breed resentment and disconnection at home. You don't actively work to destroy one of your major assets (your fanbase) if you're smart. WT's though ain't smart.

I hope they take all their stinking home games all over the country, but it won't do a thing to build a strong club for the future. They can start calling themselves the Wandering Tigers. They've got FOUR home grounds now, and there's no guarantee they won't take the cash from the Central Coast or Gold Coast or even Adelaide or Perth. If they still play the two games at Telstra that means either Leichhardt or Campbo gets 4. Talk about building up the loyalty to the locals. It's a dumb business decision if you are trying to strengthen your already weak position in your major markets. It only makes sense if you are trying to leave these markets completely (or you're just not very business savvy).

Conspiracy No.1: Maybe they're trying to build a fan base in NZ and drip feeding their current NSW fan base games which will drive up crowd figures......then when the fan base in NZ is strong enough.....hello Christchurch Tigers with an offshore fan base in Australia........lol....maybe they've jumped at the "billionaire" claim just like the Radisson Maine one....lol.......my post is entirely stupidity!

King Tigerman

Juniors
then why not play a trial there also should any of us have to pay $1000+ to what our side play a "home" game especially when ya can pay $300 & watch em in melbourne
5 home games isnt enough as it is

Grantwhy

Juniors
simon says said:
Gobbso said:
Financial incentive. That's the only thing that's persuaded them to do so. Its not going to cost Wests Tigers a cent, and they'll reap the benefits if a decent crwod rocks up. Plenty of $$$ made through gate receipts. That's what they are looking at. They can't get it at home, so might as well try else where so to speak.

Exactly,i dnot know why everyone is doing there nut.Theyll get 25k there for sure and it wont cost us a cent to put iot on.Im sure there would be financial incentive their as well,especially as we have signed on to play there for three years.

Id say itd ber worth about 500k to play there.We played at Cambo this year,got less than 10k and made bugger all cash.This way we make a cool half mill.Sounds like smart business to me.

And we only have ourseleves to blame.If we supported our team we would have all our games at home.So if you dont like the fact that we are playing games away form home to raise money.....there is an easy solution,go to all our games,and get yer mates along as well.If not you have to cop stuff like this on the chin.

It has to be the money. Given a choice any club would want to play their home games at home.

It all comes down to how many people aren't going to home games - over the coming years income from gate takings are going to be even more important.

The money that comes from playing in Christchurch could make the difference in not only survival of the Club but could provide the extra $$$ to recruit/keep good players.

Latest posts