What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests will not win a game until Round 6

tigger

Juniors
Have a look at the first 5 rounds...... Sharks, Rabbitohs away, Cowboys, away, Broncos & Dragons........

Then they get a win vs the Bye :lol:

Could be wooden spooners this year...... plus the humilation of getting beaten by Balmain in the World Sevens :lol:

Its going to be a long year.

tigger said:
Have a look at the first 5 rounds...... Sharks, Rabbitohs away, Cowboys, away, Broncos & Dragons........

Then they get a win vs the Bye :lol:

Could be wooden spooners this year...... plus the humilation of getting beaten by Balmain in the World Sevens :lol:

If there's one thing I admire about you Tigger, it's your predisposition for lining yourself up for an arse kicking early.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Not to mention an easy ass kicking. Watch people line up at him. Going to be good. :lol:

Balmain won't win a game becasue they find out you follow them.

DA

Juniors
tigger said:
...Balmain in the World Sevens :lol:

Balmain won’t qualify for the World Sevens. They are a Premier League side. Second-grade competition. Second-rate competition. A second-rate team in a second-rate competition. Say what you will about Wests Tigers, but they DO play in the elite competition. They DO give Balmain and Wests supporters a presence in the elite competition.
So go and read some clippings from 1989 and dream about the last time Balmain were a force in a competition that mattered.
Oh...and up the Maggies.
Merry Christmas Tigger.

oro

Juniors
DA said:
tigger said:

A second-rate team in a second-rate competition. Say what you will about Wests Tigers, but they DO play in the elite competition. They DO give Balmain and Wests supporters a presence in the elite competition.
Merry Christmas Tigger.

The same second rate team that produced Halatau, O'Neill, Galea and Farah amongst others.

The same second rate team that Thompson, Harrison, Nowland and Small amongst other good young players are part of.

Regardless of how you twist the facts you syphilitic weasel, Wests Tigers would not exist without Balmain or Wests.

It would pay to remember that while they may be one or two supporters who are willing to bend over and forget their roots 8) , the majority still remain Balmain supporters first and foremost.

tigger

Juniors
Too bad that most of the members of this site do not understand that.

DA, just go back to your NRL side & imagine that they truly represent the team you have probably followed your whole life.......... oops, they don't now, they certainly haven't in the past 4 years & i will put my life on it that they never will. A band aid solution at its finest.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
At the Mark ONeill race day, Buckets said to the audience - and lets not forget there is no truer Balmain boy - that he reckoned Wests Tigers would finish in the top 8 next season and be the best side in the competition in 5 years. He hoped it would be in 3 years so he would still be playing. All down to the juniors we have. Sorry Tigger I will go with Buckets on this.

King Tigerman

Juniors
so youll give us $100 if the tigers have 4 or more point at the conclusion of round 6

also balmain wont make the world 7s the aboriginals will get 1 spot if theres 2 more then theyll go to the yanks & an islander nation

innsaneink

Referee
oro said:
DA said:
tigger said:

A second-rate team in a second-rate competition. Say what you will about Wests Tigers, but they DO play in the elite competition. They DO give Balmain and Wests supporters a presence in the elite competition.
Merry Christmas Tigger.

The same second rate team that produced Halatau, O'Neill, Galea and Farah amongst others.

The same second rate team that Thompson, Harrison, Nowland and Small amongst other good young players are part of.

Regardless of how you twist the facts you syphilitic weasel, Wests Tigers would not exist without Balmain or Wests.

It would pay to remember that while they may be one or two supporters who are willing to bend over and forget their roots 8) , the majority still remain Balmain supporters first and foremost.
I suppose you have facts and figures to back this claim :roll:
Or are you talking about the 1000/2000 that watch Balmain PL run around while Leichardt Oval crumbles around them?

King Tigerman

Juniors
500 if their lucky ink thats why they should let football club members in for free

yes & mentioning that 2nd rate teams bring up players isnt it obvious

oro

Juniors
It's curious that you measure support for Balmain by the 1,000 -2,000 supporters that watch P/L.

What you are actually admitting is that Balmain continues to support 50% of Wests Tigers with a supporter base of 1,000-2,000.

King suggests the number is 500.

No Balmain = No Wests Tigers.

westie

Bench
oro said:
It's curious that you measure support for Balmain by the 1,000 -2,000 supporters that watch P/L.

What you are actually admitting is that Balmain continues to support 50% of Wests Tigers with a supporter base of 1,000-2,000.

King suggests the number is 500.

No Balmain = No Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers would continue to operate quite happily without Balmain...

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Westie: you reckon the JV could operate without Balmain - sure - jsut a small matter of a few million dollars and half the players!

DA

Juniors
westie said:
Wests Tigers would continue to operate quite happily without Balmain...

Seriously, Westie, this is a true joint venture, and both Wests and Balmain are vital to its viablity. I remember in 2000 when Wests Tigers were riding high on the competition ladder, and MANY supporters felt fantastic that we finally appeared to have a successful team to follow in the NRL. Of course, it went pear-shaped from there, but I am sure we are on the right track now. I come from the Wests side of the JV, but I have a lot of friends from the Balmain side as well, and we, the SILENT MAJORITY, know this is the way to go. Together.

westie

Bench
If Balmain and Wests FOOTBALL clubs folded (hypothetically) Wests would simply make their own junior teams just like all the other clubs and continue to play. Losing the leagues clubs would be a different story altogether.

innsaneink

Referee
ORO.....I wasnt arguing the fact wether or not WestsTigers could survive with or without Balmain.

I was replying to this part of ur statement.....................
It would pay to remember that while they may be one or two supporters who are willing to bend over and forget their roots , the majority still remain Balmain supporters first and foremost.
..................................which is why it was highlighted.

I'd like you to clarify this please.

oro

Juniors
The two aren't mutually exclusive; strong supporter base for Balmain reflected in 50% ownership of Wests Tigers and commitments in terms of finance and players to Wests Tigers. Supporter base commitment to Wests Tigers of course is through the Balmain RLFC. Chicken and the egg isn't it?

Anonymous

Juniors
westie said:
If Balmain and Wests FOOTBALL clubs folded (hypothetically) Wests would simply make their own junior teams just like all the other clubs and continue to play. Losing the leagues clubs would be a different story altogether.

Wests tigers is simply a license held jointly by Balmain and Western Suburbs RLFCs to my understanding.