What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weststigers Wasteland

Fordy20

Juniors
Let's take the time now to pay tribute to our departing board members

tony.png

Tony Andreacchio

ricck.png

Rick Wayde

Let us pray none of our former board members ever get the opportunity to govern or manage anything again.

I don’t care about their Balmain or Wests origin.

They have rightfully been stripped of their command.

If they are cleaning the urinals on game day -that’s way too much responsibility for them for mine.

Last edited:
How much cash did these guys bleed out of us?

They were paid a kings ransom, all the perks.

We should serve them with a summons to repay us before they disappear to Brazil or as @blue bags speculated, the eels.

The Brydens eels!

Fordy20

Juniors
Let us pray none of our former board members ever get the opportunity to govern or manage anything again.

I don’t care about their Balmain or Wests origin.

They have rightfully been stripped of their command.

If they are cleaning the urinals on game day -that’s way too much responsibility for them for mine.
We didn't even get the chance to pray, TSP. Danny Stapleton went from the board, to being sacked, to being appointed straight back onto the interim board. As for the Wests side, it's been a revolving door between the Wests Ashfield debenture holders and Wests Tigers board for many years.

We didn't even get the chance to pray, TSP. Danny Stapleton went from the board, to being sacked, to being appointed straight back onto the interim board. As for the Wests side, it's been a revolving door between the Wests Ashfield debenture holders and Wests Tigers board for many years.

Yes and thanks.

Maybe our corporate masters can introduce a form a democracy somehow.

It can’t get worse than the spoon under corporatism… can it?

I watched the Richo presser. He's an admirer of the Parramatta model. He wants the members involved and he wants governance issues sorted. Let's pray our Wests Ashfield corporate masters have the common sense to give him what he wants to get him to stay.

Absolutely.

He’s also generally pretty good at standing up for players.

Sam Burgess and his drug allegations.

And Jaiman Low when he king hit Delaney for his squirrel grip.

He was tough on some of the panthers staff when he was there.

He will talk to us if we become members. That’s his general rule.

This is a good fit for him. He’s a builder of clubs. Couldn’t get the fire hawks into the NRL but he’s not God.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
I watched the Richo presser. He's an admirer of the Parramatta model. He wants the members involved and he wants governance issues sorted. Let's pray our Wests Ashfield corporate masters have the common sense to give him what he wants to get him to stay.
I'm a fan of the club not being run by f**king idiots model.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
So for those who think Burgess is a germ, what's your reason for that ? Is / was he a shonky bugger in terms of music dealings or have I missed something >

So for those who think Burgess is a germ, what's your reason for that ? Is / was he a shonky bugger in terms of music dealings or have I missed something >

For me it’s more poking fun at him than anger.

But he had is snout in the trough, so he’s fair game.

He can write a song about being sacked from the board and how he wants to cut his hair over it. Lookout Taylor Swift.

Das Hassler

Bench

Without going into specifics as i'd like to maintain my privacy ( like most would) on an anonymous poster forum I can tell you this...I met Dennis in the early 80's and had numerous personal and business dealings with him over the next 20 something years and have real knowledge of his reputation in the music business. He has never gone back on his word nor ever short changed anybody....ever! For what it's worth Dennis and Tommy were good friends and Tommy attended quite a few shows of his and in fact Tommy's son was a roadie for his band. Anonymous personal attacks on real people is the domain of the severely limited...I've never posted anything I would not say straight to someone's face..when the opportunity was least expected or in any company. If people don't like the performance of an office holder then they should just play the ball by sticking to specifics instead of playing the man ( or woman) from the shadows like some chickenshit adolescent. Thanks for the question Gordsy...you can only take this anonymous poster's word for it ...or not:)
* Just to add...I have no thoughts at all about his capability as a board member...no informed opinion at all...ive just responded to the question of his character.

Last edited:
Without going into specifics as i'd like to maintain my privacy ( like most would) on an anonymous poster forum I can tell you this...I met Dennis in the early 80's and had numerous personal and business dealings with him over the next 20 something years and have real knowledge of his reputation in the music business. He has never gone back on his word nor ever short changed anybody....ever! For what it's worth Dennis and Tommy were good friends and Tommy attended quite a few shows of his and in fact Tommy's son was a roadie for his band. Anonymous personal attacks on real people is the domain of the severely limited...I've never posted anything I would not say straight to someone's face..when the opportunity was least expected or in any company. If people don't like the performance of an office holder then they should just play the ball by sticking to specifics instead of playing the man ( or woman) from the shadows like some chickenshit adolescent. Thanks for the question Gordsy...you can only take this anonymous poster's word for it ...or not:)

Did you write his top selling songs or were you his roadie?

Dennis in his hey day was a glorious sight to behold.

Trying to chew live chickens but choking and having to spit them out and they would fly away.

His hair would often catch on fire when he was trying to swallow a flaming sword and many inner city gigs ended up being flooded by fire extinguishers.

When he was 27, he tried to kill himself by choking on his own vomit, but he survived to go on to terrorise, denigrate and completely f**k the wests tigers with the rest of the board under Lees incompetent, gratuitous and Fedora loving command.

Fortunately you can still find Dennis doing the RSL rounds playing his 1972 smash hit “ jump in my panel van my bitch” and his other timeless romantic wonders.

Wikipedia says his contribution to the Australian Music Scene is gravely understated.

I’ve got all his albums, I couldn’t get through the day without listening to at least one of his songs.

Last edited:
“ I thought I could play the guitar until I heard Dennis Burgess”

Jimmy Hendrix In his last interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Apache County, Wisconsin 1969.

Latest posts