What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Westworld

mongoose

Coach
Wow what a first season, i'm totally hooked! So many great characters, Ford, The Man in black, Delores, Maeve, Hector, Bernard... hate Charlotte though and she's not very convincing as chairman of the board or whatever she is. The logistics of the park and how it all works are still a bit fuzzy but i'm willing to suspend my disbelief and go with it.

I get the feeling everything that happened in the final episode was planned by Ford though, including him getting shot by Delores. The cannon fodder guards and Felix helping Maeve every step along the way is questionable, however Felix might be a host and Maeve has just been programmed not to recognise him as one and the guards may be hosts as well considering 30 or so of them died in that escape. You would think they would shut the place down after something like that.

The whole theme of it that AI can evolve and become conscious like humans is cool (also scary)

DiegoNT

First Grade
I believe everything was planned by ford. From the very beginning ( before the park opened).
As for the cannon fodder guards, i believe their is a scene in one of the mid season episodes where Ford, stubbs and theresa are having a meeting, and ford diverts funds from security for his new storyline, which leaves stubbs fustrated and worried that his security is spread to thin.
Also i think some of the workers are hosts themselves. Not sure about felix. But when clementine is shown to be dysfunctional they use a host as a security to demonstrate how dangerous she is. That security guard looks a lot like the engineer that struggles to control maeve when she is out of control after the death of her daughter (in a flashback)

Game_Breaker

Coach
I'm glad I binged watched this
It took time to he going but well worth it

It reminded me of the usual suspects, i.e. The plot was ok but the ending/twists are what made it memorable

One thing that bugged me was Arnold/Bernard

So Arnold dies (pretty much commits suicide) and Ford creates a host that looks like Arnold but calls him Bernard
He gave him the same personality as Arnold, but he's not Arnold. Why would he think he's Arnold?

Why wouldn't anyone else notice that Bernard looks and talks like Arnold?

Dogs Of War

Coach
I rewatched the whole series. It was even better on a second viewing as I picked up so many little things that occurred and the last few eps which seemed overwhelming on the first viewing, where so much better on the second viewing. Too bad the next season is in spring 2018. I might need to give it a 3rd watching just before it starts.

gUt

Coach
I'm a bit concerned this will go the way of True Detective - the first season is so good it's impossible to recapture its glory and all too easy to produce a steaming turd instead.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'm a bit concerned this will go the way of True Detective - the first season is so good it's impossible to recapture its glory and all too easy to produce a steaming turd instead.

Which is why I'm happy for them to delay till 2018. rush it and the quality suffers.

elyod138

Bench
Solid start, no idea what is happening again, heaps of intrigue.

The teaser for episode 2 looks crazy.

Danish

Referee
I am completely f**king lost with this new season

I trust they’ll bring it together somehow, but honestly I struggled to maintain interest during the first episode

gUt

Coach
It seems like they want us to think they're doing the dual timeline thing again but surely not?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm glad I wasn't the only one a little bit lost watching the latest episode.

I'm guessing we'll alternate between Bernard's flashbacks and the ongoing chaos, with the Dolores stuff happening concurrently with the Bernard stuff.

Timbo

Staff member
I think there are more timelines going on than we realise. I suspect Bernard is in a loop.

LESStar58

Referee
I started watching this when it first came out but don't remember how far in I got so I'm starting again from the beginning of season 1 now.

I REALLY want to like this show and also wanted to like Hell On Wheels but neither of them hold a candle to Deadwood

Latest posts