What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wet Canvas Survivor :: Round One Banner Thread!

sheet
in my blurry eyed daze of 1 am tiredness, i missed a certain newcastle based team. thanks for pointing that out.

Mods/comp judges. can i re edit my submission and put newcastle in (its there, but the layer is set to invisible) or are the rules once you have submitted you have to keep it like that?

El Coconuto

Bench
Once it's submitted, it's submitted...

Don't worry RCB. It still looks good! I didn't even notice. Hehe....

Frederick

Staff member
You realise you could've been even more subtle and just uploaded the new pic to your photobucket account with the same name as the old one (changing or deleting the old one), and it would've automatically updated it in your post without you having to edit your post ;-)

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Frederick said:
You realise you could've been even more subtle and just uploaded the new pic to your photobucket account with the same name as the old one (changing or deleting the old one), and it would've automatically updated it in your post without you having to edit your post ;-)

Not if it's cached in the browser ;)

You realise you could've been even more subtle and just uploaded the new pic to your photobucket account with the same name as the old one (changing or deleting the old one), and it would've automatically updated it in your post without you having to edit your post

yeah but im not that smart

honestly though i want a clarification..

on the one hand, without the knights logo it just dosn't look right. there was no anti knights bias intended at all, just an oversight. also i have edited my image within the competition time frame.

on the other hand i did submit my work and the change could well be against the rules.

so, wet canvas survivor comp.... rule official guys.
can my updated work count or do i have to go back to the old one?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
(I'm not an official) but I don't see an issue with it myself - like Forum Sevens you can edit your work any time until fulltime.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Welll... my computer's sense of timing is immaculate. My external hard drive, where mose of my work and resources are housed, has packed it in.

:crazy: Looks like I'm out unless it kicks itself into gear in the next 27 hours. :(

El Coconuto

Bench
Alright, since I'm not David Stern and the rules are open to interpretation, I think we can let it pass this time. But this is the ONLY time an exception will be made, whether it's for an honest mistake or not.

And the reason I say that is because too often people change there banners AFTER they see someone else post something more creative then their own, and they decide to change it to either mimic an effect someone else has used or spruce it up a little to match what someone else has done. That's not fair, IMO. But since this was an honest mistake, I have no problems with letting it fly.

But from now on, once your work is submitted, that's it. No changes. But go for it RCB.

Frederick

Staff member
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
well how does one look after them?
You've gotta be tender. Let it know you love it. Surprise it with a bunch of flowers. Take it out to dinner every now and then. Just be loving and caring, be reliable for it, and it'll be reliable for you :)

Oh, and keep it away from water and dust :)

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
well how does one look after them?

Common sense pretty much...

- Don't drop it and be gentle with it

- Dont get it wet

- Don't leave it in the sun or in hot places

- Don't leave it turned on always, just when you need it coz they can get extremely hot