What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What’s this I am hearing?

Eion

First Grade
I wont be waiting to miss the finals for 2 years, i can accept missing finals if have huge injury crisis, but we have squad that should be in the finals, what worries me maybe we are keeping guys a year too long, The New England Patriots have policy better see a player leave 1 year too soon then 1 year too late
Like who though? Gal and Lewis are the oldest in the squad aren’t they? Are you saying they shouldn’t be playing this year?

MilkShark

First Grade
And to help Moylan spark the attack playing him fullback will help, he gets out of the defensive line, problem is we need f/e then
Yep I’d have him at fullback too but unless Flano is going to give Hodkinson a shot then we need him at 5/8. Unless he thinks Kyle is ready once he is back?

MilkShark

First Grade
Like who though? Gal and Lewis are the oldest in the squad aren’t they? Are you saying they shouldn’t be playing this year?
From what I have seen from Gal he should be off the bench and this should be his final year.

Eion

First Grade
From what I have seen from Gal he should be off the bench and this should be his final year.
This may be his last and I dont disagree that gal is a risk at pushing it 1 year too long.... because he is a stubborn sob. But he was our best player last year don’t forget and it is only round 2.

Stake Removed

First Grade

It dosent have to be Gall/Lewis last year prime example Heigno was struggling by mid season his energy levels were gone we should have moved him after 2016.

Feki would be one, i think already past his prime we have had stack of kids coming through we are keeping him and holding them back.

Gall - to the bench or in that rotation

Problem is when you win the title you want to keep those players and to me i am so grateful to everyone of them for winning it for us, but we want to win again so you need to keep evolving

Eion

First Grade
Yeah but we’ve had a lot of evolution forced on us too, with Ennis, Bird and Barba.

They did make a hard call on Maloney as well. I imagine they are trying for stability / experience with the heavy attrition in key areas.

Card Shark

Immortal
I wont be waiting to miss the finals for 2 years, i can accept missing finals if have huge injury crisis, but we have squad that should be in the finals, what worries me maybe we are keeping guys a year too long

We only have 2 “old” guys left - Gal & Lewis & I’m not moving them on for this year but I reckon they will both retire this year....the media awaits.

We only won the title a bit over a year ago & have cleared 3 of the oldest guys already in Heighno, Maloney & Ennis.

I think we won the comp on the back of the composure that experience brings (+ that freak called Barba).

I’m in no rush to move on our grand final heroes!

Chimp

Bench
One of the big problems we have is that nobody is straightening the attack. Chad drifts sideways, and Moylan crabs sideways - that's why Maloney (when interested) was the right partner for Chad as he loves to attack the line and run the dirty straight lines.
At the moment Chad goes sideways and drops off a runner who's also running sideways but in the opposite direction. Moylan just floats around being Moylan.
We've got to play more direct- Bakuya is only one doing this and he looks easily our best.

76Follower

Juniors
NRL 360 last night... Holmes was being discussed by Lewis...the vision of Val scoring 3 tries playing on the wing were all off passes from Barba sweeping around the back...Is Duges or Moylan the one to do it?

MilkShark

First Grade
NRL 360 last night... Holmes was being discussed by Lewis...the vision of Val scoring 3 tries playing on the wing were all off passes from Barba sweeping around the back...Is Duges or Moylan the one to do it?
Moylan but we have no other 5/8 to replace him.

txta2

Bench
Bingo Moylan loves the quick play, look how fast he got the pass to Feki for the try, he needs us making quick play the balls and fast service from dummy half, or at least creative from dummy half
He ain't getting fast enough service from the half or rake ATM. Flanno ball does not allow this

Stake Removed

First Grade
The spine lacks spark

Starting from Hooker Brailey is not creative, and already this year no improvement, a short kicking game would help
CT - Drifts sideways too often, he is lead kicker at club, we had monster wind behind us vs Dragons not 1 40/20 not one even likely again no spark
Moylan - He is new to 5/8 he tends to play like a fullback which he really is
Dugan - In 1 game there looked dangerous, but better suited role in centre allowed to roam, and when Holmes fullback less said

Now if we tried
Seggy - yes somewhat unpredictable but has spark from dummy half, jumps out takes line on, does have short kicking game\
Hodko - Basically is CT but plays straighter, even though CT good goal kicker Hodko is better, and has a 40/20 in him
Flanno - Yes rookie, in trial through took line on, had he is backrower running good lines from him worth the risk
Moylan - Fullback his best position, can play off up tempo Seggy/Flanno, allows the halves to have a creative fullback who can cause damage