What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a Game!

PARANoIR

Bench
Well done to your blokes. Together our two teams put on one of the matches of the season.

Bad luck to the Warriors, Im happy the dogs won, but the game really did deserve a draw.

DeeGan

Bench
Hats off to the Warrirors who played the match with semi-finals intensity such was the importance of the game. The game was a must win for mine though all is not lost, just makes the mountain a little harder to climb and it starts again next week.

You cannot fault the efforts of one NZ player IMO, Steve Price was unbelievable, inspiring stuff against his former club and head and shoulders as the man of the match.

Commiserations ... all the best for the rest of the season, more performances like that and winning at least six from seven is a possibility!

Blaze

Juniors
it is pretty hard to accept a loss in extra time. Especially as we had done so well to draw with one of the top sides and this pretty much ends our season.

Bulldogs did well to win it at the end but jeez, a golden point loss hurts so much.

ozbash

Referee
not making excuses here but i was wondering why ivan had his entire front row sitting on the bench for the latter part of the first and a fairly healthy chunk of the early 2nd half ?

we lost intensity (and ultimately the game) by this move imo.

sure pricey must have been hurting from origin but the 3 at once ??

mattyj

Juniors
PARANoIR said:
Well done to your blokes. Together our two teams put on one of the matches of the season.

Bad luck to the Warriors, Im happy the dogs won, but the game really did deserve a draw.
Well done, great effort to take the game in extra time after the dogs were 16-0 down and having those players back up from origin

I agree about the draw.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
All I can say is "Look out Paramatta" next weekend. If the Warriors aren't too bashed up after this one, I sense us putting a good scoreline on them.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
I doubt it
If anything it would be hard for the warriors to get up for the game.
Im not looking forward to it at all

The Warriors will take a lot out of that game. It will reinforce that you have to make teams pay for their mistakes. And that teams will make you pay for yours.

It will also force Cleary to look at his rotation of his forwards. I'm sure we've been doing the same thing in our previous 4 games. But maybe we can't afford to do it against sides like the Bulldogs.

I could bitch on about handling errors and poor options. But you just have to bring your "A" game against such tough opposition. You have to keep the foot on the throttle and be relentless. The Warriors just didn't bring enough today. I think they will take as much out of this game as they did with the game against the Sharks.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
There should be 2 bronze statues erected of the great man. One outside Telstra and one outside Mt Smart. What a legend!!!

NZ Warrior said:
The Warriors will take a lot out of that game. It will reinforce that you have to make teams pay for their mistakes. And that teams will make you pay for yours.

It will also force Cleary to look at his rotation of his forwards. I'm sure we've been doing the same thing in our previous 4 games. But maybe we can't afford to do it against sides like the Bulldogs.

I could bitch on about handling errors and poor options. But you just have to bring your "A" game against such tough opposition. You have to keep the foot on the throttle and be relentless. The Warriors just didn't bring enough today. I think they will take as much out of this game as they did with the game against the Sharks.

Its reminding me of the week last year when we went to Penrith thinking we were going to smash them and we got pummeled

ozbash

Referee
we lost some pretty good players last year, mr s jones springs to mind.

we also have a few of the same players this year, price wiki louie etc

we never bought in the quality we lost, gatis,luck , rovelli

so, theoretically we are worse of this year than last ??

NZ Warrior

First Grade
This year's team is playing much better than last year's team ever did. It's taken them a while to fire, but they are certainly firing now. We are slowly getting rid of the passengers and the players with time bombs in their heads.

Every player put their hands up today. No one went missing, everyone was getting involved. That's what I want to see.

You can bring up names of players we have lost all you like. But I'll keep supporting the players, who are currently running out in the Warriors jersey. Stop living in the past.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
This year we have a coach who is willing to innovate and improve the team, instead of hiding behind his stars and hoping they'll do it for him. That's why the side is playing better.

ozbash

Referee
You can bring up names of players we have lost all you like. But I'll keep supporting the players, who are currently running out in the Warriors jersey. Stop living in the past.

well its all nuts and bolts really and you bought the subject up. :roll:

on paper this years team isnt the same calibre as last years but the difference this year is the coaching and administration.

so stick that in your wellingtonian pipe and smoke it :lol:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
ozbash said:

well its all nuts and bolts really and you bought the subject up. :roll:

on paper this years team isnt the same calibre as last years but the difference this year is the coaching and administration.

so stick that in your wellingtonian pipe and smoke it :lol:

Sounds like you are the one who has been smoking something.

I'm talking about how the team are playing.

Scott

Bench
Dear oh dear ozbash.... I wonder sometimes.....

Back to the topic at hand though, a very good game to watch. Such a shame we didn't win though.

For the last month i've thought that we may or may not make the finals this year, but have always held the thought that 2007 will be a very very good year.