What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a terrible week in Rugby League

Frailty

First Grade
Great turnout, great spectacle and continues our dominance over the other codes in terms of product. One thing that did annoy me was over the coverage there were long parts of the game where 80 000 people sounded like 8000.

Unfortunately that is the design of the stadium, but those 80,000 in a stadium similarly shaped to Suncorp or any modern stadium design specifically for a rectangular field and the noise would be absolutely monstrous.

But I'd like to see the QLDers get 81,900 to an origin game ;-)

Mr Fourex

Bench
That blues thing is awesome, its taking over the stadium

The over head shot of the stadium before the game was a sea of blue

admittedly ....I'm not a fan of the ridiculous wigs

wouldn't catch me wearing one (Maroon) for quids

none the less.......a great turn out by Sydney RL fans

Congrats

farmeister

Juniors
Unfortunately that is the design of the stadium, but those 80,000 in a stadium similarly shaped to Suncorp or any modern stadium design specifically for a rectangular field and the noise would be absolutely monstrous.

But I'd like to see the QLDers get 81,900 to an origin game ;-)

I think it's a real shame that we're stuck with ANZ stadium as the NRL's number one ground. As you pointed out, it's just not designed for rugby league. The crowd are a long way from the action, and even when it's full it doesn't seem to generate the same atmosphere as a proper rectangular field stadium.

All else being equal, I would rather attend a game at SFS with 40,000 than ANZ with 80,000.

It would be nice if Sydney could build a Suncorp-like stadium but with a capacity of 80,000. Given how much rugby league, union, and soccer is played in this town, it's kind of ridiculous that we don't have such a stadium. Unfortunately now that ANZ is there, it has to be used for something, and so we're probably stuck with it forever :?

Dragon2010

First Grade
Blatchys is awesome. Get a few asses but that's anywhere.

Loud and proud and it's a great experience.

And yes it was 10,000 Blatchys this year available but about 9,999 showed up one empty seat in front of me!

Latest posts