What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what a win

roosters06

Juniors
It was a great win.

Certainly wasn't pretty to watch, we still dropped far to much ball - and lacked direction early on. But once we settled into a rhythm, we played well. I was pleased with the way that we punished the Cowboys mistakes, and put them under early pressure on the scoreboard, after they dominated possession early.

ozzie

Bench
roosters06 said:
It was a great win.

Certainly wasn't pretty to watch, we still dropped far to much ball - and lacked direction early on. But once we settled into a rhythm, we played well. I was pleased with the way that we punished the Cowboys mistakes, and put them under early pressure on the scoreboard, after they dominated possession early.
I agree with the not pretty part - one thing I was pleased about was the way the forwards gave the backs a platform to work off for a change..it certainly helps the 5/8 and 1/2 if the forwards are going forward.

Doyle was very creative at hooker

roosters4life

Juniors
doyle didnt play bad when he came on...he is very creative and also finch played really well as did sam parrett ...parrett hasnt played that well lately but suprised me late night...good win by the guys...hope we can beat the dogs next week

Shillington is going to give away billions of penalties this season, he lies on the tackled player forl far too long. It got to the point where teammates were starting to pull him up by his jersey. It's all well and good if the ref isn't going to call it, but they all rule it differently. If a referee wants to crack down on that sort of thing one week, he'll get penalised on virtually every tackle he makes from what I've seen over the last few rounds.

roosters06

Juniors
Citizen.Eras3d said:
Shillington is going to give away billions of penalties this season, he lies on the tackled player forl far too long. It got to the point where teammates were starting to pull him up by his jersey. It's all well and good if the ref isn't going to call it, but they all rule it differently. If a referee wants to crack down on that sort of thing one week, he'll get penalised on virtually every tackle he makes from what I've seen over the last few rounds.

Glenn Morrison gets away with it every week - why shouldn't Shillington :lol:

lil ripsta

Shillington really annoys me the way he gives away so many penalties, he also drops the ball every second touch he makes.
Sammy Perrett impressed me alot.
Who do you think will be dropped when all the injured players come back, Perrett or Mellars.

2 True Blues

Coach

ozzie said:
loooks liek the Newtown Jets are on fire too...must congratulate you guys

Jets beat the Berries 40 to 22. Was unable to be at the game but apparently the Berries scored a last minute converted try as it was 40 to 16 with only moments left in the game.

Have a BYE next week so it 's all good as hopefully some of the guys will be getting over injuries !!!! The BYE should put us somewhere near the top 4 !!!

Latest posts