What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What about a 5/8?

Eelementary

Post Whore
OK.

So I've heard from many places (not just this board) that apparently we are very keen on signing the young Dragons 5/8, Holdsworth.

But it got me thinking - I don't know too much about our Juniors, but wouldn't it just be better to blood one of our Juniors?

Who do we have who is a real talented 5/8?

I have also often thought that once Graham gets back to fitness he could fit into the 5/8 spot pretty well. He defends well, when fit he has pace, he knows how to run into holes, he's got great hands. All he needs is a kicking game.

_goParra

Juniors
the only halves prospects we have are T.Smith and blake green and both are a couple of years away from breaking into top grade.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well I for one would love to see him stay.

If we get Dykes at 5/8 and Witt at halfback for the season next year, that will be a great halves combination which could do very well I say.

Unreal V

Juniors
Honestly I would rate Dykes as one off the better 5/8 going around we would be crazy to let him go; and he will add that extra bit of something when Witt is not performing. Imagine Dykes, Morris, Ridell and Wit as our 5th tackle options

Utey

Coach
Id love to see Dykes as our 5/8 but Mr smith has different plans. Iam not sure but 2005 does look good becasue of the talent we have but ive said that before.

Eels Dude

Coach
I doubt Dykes will win us a comp playing at 5'8th. He seems to struggle for consistency. Even when he plays a good game, there's always a couple of bad plays, like a ball out on the full, or several very wayward bombs.

MitchEel

Juniors
i reckon we might sign pj marsh (rumour) cause the warriors are giving him a release from his contract (true). Maybe we could have witt and him in the halves?

i heard if cleared to play in 2005, that PJ will still be a warrior. In fact I believe it is on the front page of this site.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, I know nothing of a PJ Marsh release, and have in fact read the opposite - that he is tied to Warriors for 2005.

The Colonel

Immortal
There was talk in last weeks League Week about PJ being released along with a host of others if they did sign Wiki and Price. I know that I suggested that the club look seriously at re-signing him (especially as he is in Sydney at the mo) but I don't think the club has approached or he is being released now.

bartman

Immortal
If he's released you'd snap him up "fo sho" ;-) Cheap incestive based contract given his injury, and hope that he sours again.

But I think Warriors want to try and get their value out of him first if possible.

Latest posts