What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What about the Steelers???

Fein

First Grade
i live in wollongong and can honestly say i dont see much red and white around here?????

I'm not surprised, most of the Illawarra abandoned the abortion that became stmerge and rightly so.

The Illawarra people richly deserve their own identity and with the assistance of the gentleman that owns WIN, that day is around the corner.

Stmerge will crumble as the myth they always were.

Illawarra will exist in their own right and rightly so.

And the leech in the current partnership will become the withered vine from which the merged beast was spawned.

How sweet it will be. :lol:

dgsfan

Juniors
I'm not surprised, most of the Illawarra abandoned the abortion that became stmerge and rightly so.

The Illawarra people richly deserve their own identity and with the assistance of the gentleman that owns WIN, that day is around the corner.

And the leech in the current partnership will become the withered vine from which the merged beast was spawned.

Agreed.

Ironically, "dragons" isn't entirely accurate either - In the myth St George slayed the dragon, and in its early decades the club was known as "the dragon slayers".

Ahh, I wondered why they called them the Dragons when St George was a Dragon Slayer.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ahh, I wondered why they called them the Dragons when St George was a Dragon Slayer.

It would have been fairer AND made a lot more sense if when they merged they became the St George Steelers. It rolls of the tongue and makes more sense than putting "St George" and "Dragons" in the same name.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Dragons suck donkey nuts

And Fein, the whingy 50uths chick would have sucked yours if you had some...apparently is good at it....I'd heard. Apparently, there has been plenty of practice....you don't think 50uths got back in the league without some favours being called on...lol
Yep, thats him !!
He'll be off shaving excess body hair tomorrow or something, while we St George Illawarra Dragons supporters will be watching the Grand Final.

Good night losers...good night....

Way to go pedo supporter..( Dolly....farkin weirdo)

IllawarraDragon

Juniors
i live in wollongong and can honestly say i dont see much red and white around here?????

I suggest you go for a walk down Crown Street Mall (right in the middle of Wollongong). Plenty of Red and White their today. Plus, every second car had a Dragons flag on it when I was out today.

Gotta love the haters. At the end of the day, prior to 1982 the Illawarra region was part of the St.George catchment area anyways, and alot of the former Steelers supporters I know were Dragons supporters prior to 1982.

I can tell you, the Illawarra is proud to be a part of STI. Former Steelers supporters included.

I suggest you go for a walk down Crown Street Mall (right in the middle of Wollongong). Plenty of Red and White their today. Plus, every second car had a Dragons flag on it when I was out today.

Gotta love the haters. At the end of the day, prior to 1982 the Illawarra region was part of the St.George catchment area anyways, and alot of the former Steelers supporters I know were Dragons supporters prior to 1982.

I can tell you, the Illawarra is proud to be a part of STI. Former Steelers supporters included.

Haters wanna hate....

I love the Gong and the Gong loves the Red V.

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and savour some Dragon flavour!

n r l f a n

Juniors

crown street mall had a best shop front comp, it was bound to attract attention...

ive been in wollongong each day this week and i havent seen as much as you're claiming to see...

if you walk down the mall any other time than when the dragons are in the final, there's definitely more people with other clubs jersey/merchandise than dragons

im sure ur right in a lot of ex-steelers got on board the dragons...but there's plenty that were turned away...and ive definitely ran into them more than anyone...

n r l f a n

Juniors
i love how you all call me haters:D
im probably the biggest dragons fan in wollongong
it's just not tru that the dragons are loved here:D

IllawarraDragon

Juniors
i love how you all call me haters:D
im probably the biggest dragons fan in wollongong
it's just not tru that the dragons are loved here:D

Glad your a Dragons fan. The haters comment was kinda general at all the posters though.

Really surprised you haven't seen much Dragons stuff in the 'Gong. I've seen heaps, and I've found most people I speak to are behind the Dragons. You do get the occasional supporter of another team, but you get that up in the St George district to.

Anyways, we must be on different sides of the 'Gong.

n r l f a n

Juniors
Glad your a Dragons fan. The haters comment was kinda general at all the posters though.

Really surprised you haven't seen much Dragons stuff in the 'Gong. I've seen heaps, and I've found most people I speak to are behind the Dragons. You do get the occasional supporter of another team, but you get that up in the St George district to.

Anyways, we must be on different sides of the 'Gong.

im south of the gong..dunno what northern suburbs are like:S

whereever u r..im envious...i need to befriend dragon lovers

bobmar28

Bench
OMG. Two things I agree with you. While I think Crowe has been the best thing to happen to Souths in a very long time I do wish we had cheergirls.

A year or so back I saw a tape of the 1970 Grand Final and was interested to see the Bunnies cheergirls. Now that's tradition.

Back when Russel Crowe took over the Bunnies I saw him in the commentary box at an NFL game. Did he tell them that rugby league was a great game? That it is similar to NFL? No, he said he got rid of the cheerleaders. Those NFL commentators didn't know what to say.

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
A year or so back I saw a tape of the 1970 Grand Final and was interested to see the Bunnies cheergirls. Now that's tradition.

Back when Russel Crowe took over the Bunnies I saw him in the commentary box at an NFL game. Did he tell them that rugby league was a great game? That it is similar to NFL? No, he said he got rid of the cheerleaders. Those NFL commentators didn't know what to say.

Last week on the Sunday roast the showed footage of the Roosters cheerleaders from 1975.

Fein

First Grade
And Fein, the whingy 50uths chick would have sucked yours if you had some...apparently is good at it....I'd heard. Apparently, there has been plenty of practice....you don't think 50uths got back in the league without some favours being called on...lol
Yep, thats him !!
He'll be off shaving excess body hair tomorrow or something, while we St George Illawarra Dragons supporters will be watching the Grand Final.

Good night losers...good night....

Way to go pedo supporter..( Dolly....farkin weirdo)

Bubbleboy, I'll be an interested party in the Toyota Cup.

Then I'm tucking into a few beers and watching the NRL GF.

Roosters V Drag0ns.

Go Easts!!!

Jason Maher

Immortal

What a pathetic little man you are. You'd find the odd bitter Steelers fan who'd be in favour of such a scenario, but nowhere near enough to support an NRL team. I know I for one would refuse to follow an Illawarra team that resulted from stabbing St. George in the back. If it was an amicable parting of ways, that'd be different, but the simple fact is that without the joint venture there would currently be no football on the South Coast, and it would have been ripe for the picking by the A-League and AFL. Perhaps in time there may have been a Titans-like return, but it wouldn't have been any time soon.

The Dragons-Steelers partnership was always a natural one, the exact opposite of the ridiculous Norths-Manly "merger", because the Dragons have strong historical links with the South Coast, and they've always had strong support down there. St. George were always the team that pulled the biggest crowds to the 'Gong as a result. The fact both teams wore red and white amde the whole thing as close to seamless as you could possibly hope for. Yes, it sucked to see my team's identity and jersey disappear, but I don't mind the Dragons nickname at all, I think the Red V is a fantastic jersey, and one of the most iconic in world sport. And next year the Steelers old kit will become the full time alternate, and while this might be 12 years too late for my personal liking, it's happened now, and I'm content.

Fein

First Grade
What a pathetic little man you are. You'd find the odd bitter Steelers fan who'd be in favour of such a scenario, but nowhere near enough to support an NRL team. I know I for one would refuse to follow an Illawarra team that resulted from stabbing St. George in the back. If it was an amicable parting of ways, that'd be different, but the simple fact is that without the joint venture there would currently be no football on the South Coast, and it would have been ripe for the picking by the A-League and AFL. Perhaps in time there may have been a Titans-like return, but it wouldn't have been any time soon.

The Dragons-Steelers partnership was always a natural one, the exact opposite of the ridiculous Norths-Manly "merger", because the Dragons have strong historical links with the South Coast, and they've always had strong support down there. St. George were always the team that pulled the biggest crowds to the 'Gong as a result. The fact both teams wore red and white amde the whole thing as close to seamless as you could possibly hope for. Yes, it sucked to see my team's identity and jersey disappear, but I don't mind the Dragons nickname at all, I think the Red V is a fantastic jersey, and one of the most iconic in world sport. And next year the Steelers old kit will become the full time alternate, and while this might be 12 years too late for my personal liking, it's happened now, and I'm content.

:lol:

Good for you champ.

Enjoy your day.

j0nesy

Bench
Ah Feind, back from rehab I see. A Souths supporter supporting the Roosters? You've got massive issues, go back to rehab.

Latest posts