What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What annoys you most when you go to the footy?

What annoys you most at the footy?

• Overpriced and frozen pies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wet bum on a grandstand seat

• 'fans' who abuse their own players

• 'fans' who don't know the rules of the game

• No atmosphere

• Warm Beer

• Wet bum sitting on the hill

• Loud and abusive fans behind you that spill beer everywhere

• People in front of you who get up to buy things every 5mins

• Crap parking facilities

• Total voters

Moffo

Referee
I know we all love the sport, but along with our weekly trip to the game, we see a lot of things that annoy us!

I've only listed 10 here, but feel free to add as you desire,

Cheers,
Moffo

Southernsaint

Staff member
I voted for "No Atmosphere". As someone who's forced to attend WIN Stadium up to seven times a year, I can definently attest to that...

Cheers,
Ben S.

In-goal

Bench
i would have said the hills in general, as when i pay money i would like a seat with a good view.

simon says

First Grade
In-goal said:
i would have said the hills in general, as when i pay money i would like a seat with a good view.

Well Im the opposite to you.I hate plastic seats....much prefer the grass and some atmosphere on the hill.Ill take Leichardt over the SFS any day.

weasel

First Grade
'fans' who don't know the rules of the game, or conveniently choose to forget them in support of their team are pretty annoying especially when you're supporting the away team so every third person is one.

Warm Beer
Overpriced and frozen pies
Wet bum sitting on the hill
Wet bum on a grandstand seat
Loud and abusive fans behind you that spill beer everywhere
'fans' who abuse their own players
People in front of you who get up to buy things every 5mins
'fans' who don't know the rules of the game
Crap parking facilities
No atmosphere

Sounds like a trip to Oki-Doki Stadium.

maelgwnau

Juniors
sitting in the front row on the end and then all of a sudden little kids stand in front of you so u miss some of the game cuz they wanna touchthe mascot

Entry Fee to a game

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I hate how people infront of you stand up and just stand up for like 10 minutes and you can't see anything, it pisses me off so much and when i was at the grand final i was on the very end of the row and i had to sit back about 100 times because people kept going to buy beer,food and going to the toilet etc... it got really annoying.

EdBurton

Juniors
I voted for the loud fans spilling beer, but to be fair, that has been me more than a couple of times.... :oops:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Bastard_Squad said:
Warm Beer
Overpriced and frozen pies
Wet bum sitting on the hill
Wet bum on a grandstand seat
Loud and abusive fans behind you that spill beer everywhere
'fans' who abuse their own players
People in front of you who get up to buy things every 5mins
'fans' who don't know the rules of the game
Crap parking facilities
No atmosphere

Sounds like a trip to Oki-Doki Stadium.

So you were one of the dozen Scummers that made the trip up all the way from The Shire this season??

Cheers,
Ben S.

Moffo

Referee
i hate at grounds (most noticeably manly and easts fans) who call the ref to blow offside EVERY set of six throughout the game. It gets bloody repetitive bloody quickly and not to mention annoying

They might as well bloody record the word and play it over the PA every time the other side is defending

Outside of that, people who say the same things all day, such as "your a cheat ref", "you f**king idiot (insert player name)" and not to forget "tackle boys"...there is one guy at souths games that would say it at least 1200 times every game day

Grrr!

Moffo

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
In-goal said:

Well Im the opposite to you.I hate plastic seats....much prefer the grass and some atmosphere on the hill.Ill take Leichardt over the SFS any day.

here here
sitting on the hills creates more of a relaxed family type atmosphere

My biggest problem is when me and my chick friend go to the footy, she brings her boyfriend that knows jack all about footy...... always screams "go son" because he dosnt know anything!
i wind up telling the tool to pipe down

Dragonschik

Juniors
I hate it when the people don't know the rules of the game, or in that case don't now there own teams players names and I have to correct them, yet they don't beleive me sometimes and ask a 'guy' to see if my answer is correct.

And having beer spilt all over you is fun when your team is beating the opposition, like in 2002 when saints smashed knights in round 26, I couldn't give a shit if some drunk guys spilt beer all over me.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I hate it when people say "GET EM ON-SIDE", when they are clearly on side.

And if they keep saying everytime, it gets blood annoying.

LeagueNut

First Grade
'Fans' who don't know the rules are bad ... but I still remember the idiot who held up his Kevin Campion mask at his last home game for the Warriors and said 'who is this?'!!!!

Lucky I was enjoying the game or there would have been violence!! :twisted:

Booyah

Bench
i hate at grounds (most noticeably manly and easts fans) who call the ref to blow offside EVERY set of six throughout the game

Thank you! Someone else hates that as well. Its nice to see I'm not the only one.

Nothing pisses me off more then when I'm at a game and I am forced to listen to the Armchair experts bleating to the Ref about a team being off-side, even when they BLATANTLY aren't.

It happens alot in junior games too.

Geez you guys are hard to please.

I was unfortunate enough to have accepted an invitation to watch an NFL game between the Raiders v Packers at Green Bay. Tempretures must have been 20 below, it snowed all day & night. It took us 1 hour to park the car and another 2 hours to get out of the car park.

Atmosphere, I couldn't tell whether people were cheering caused I had the hood of my parka wrapped around my head tight and all I could hear was my teeth chattering.

Wet seats, I don't know, my butt was frozen and numb for most part.

As for the beer, no thanks. Beer on the ground tasted slightly better than the slush on the car park.

Although they don't have pies. They do have a fine selection of hot dogs , with or without sauce.

If I were forced to be critical of watching an NRL game it would be the lack of respect by supporters when they are in the vicinity of kids.

*Paul*

Juniors
As a season ticket holder here at Bruce, I sit with the same bunch of people every week - thankfully there are no nutbags nearby to irritate.

The two things that *really* gave me the tom tits were awful renditions of the national anthem at every game , and the monotonous bleatings of some idiot DJ.

Both have now disappeared, thank Christ, so a reasonably pleasant experience is to be had.

Latest posts