What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are our options for the halves. . .?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Keating looked lost out there because his halves partner was not helping him, he left him to do everything on his own. This made him an easy target for the tigers defence, he was the only play maker and the tigers forwards set out to get him.

Robson offered nothing in attack and the tigers would not have wasted energy targeting him. Anderson needs to bite the bullet and seriously drop this guy or put him at 14 to come on and be back up hooker because he can defend.

Lol that's funny!

Snoochies

First Grade
It's only round 3 and we're panicking. Obviously we had the halves last year to get to the GF but that was behind a forward pack that were making the metres. As a team we didn't even make 1km on Friday night, that is a more worrying sign for me.

jk13

First Grade
i'll start whinging about the halves after they fail once the forwards front up.

ParraFan09

Juniors
i would chase either ben barba or ben roberts from the bulldogs
both good players and i would take either one of them over robson any day.

Suitman

Post Whore
It's only round 3 and we're panicking. Obviously we had the halves last year to get to the GF but that was behind a forward pack that were making the metres. As a team we didn't even make 1km on Friday night, that is a more worrying sign for me.

i'll start whinging about the halves after they fail once the forwards front up.

Both these quotes simply state our current problem.
Not much more to it than that.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Yep, forwards need a rocket up them. I'm not convinced our halves are even a problem if the pack does its job.

I'd like to see Robson stay in the side anyway if changes are made, his defence can be vital. And for what's it's been worth so far Feleti can come off the bench in an impact role instead.

parrap

Juniors
if you got 2 points for each tackle robson would be up there with thurston, unfortunately you have to get people over the try line, something he is incapable of doing.

When your forwards are getting bashed it is the halves job to then change the way the team attacks, we didnt do that we just keep doing the same old thing and got a belting for it.

I think we have seen the last of Robson in the #7.

Parra Guru

Coach
Our forward pack aren't making enough yards in attack and we conceded way too many metres in defense.

If anyone should be replaced, I think it should be Matt Keating.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I suppose you're one of the supporters who thinks Robson took us to the grandfinal last year to :roll:

Yeah you're right. Robson is useless. Parra have a good record when kk starts in the halfs. I agree that even though kk did nothing on Friday it was because robson is so hopeless. Get rid if robson please.

Parra Guru

Coach
Correct me if I'm wrong but Robson set up the try for Joel, and Hayne set up the try for Inu.

What did KK do?

Parra Guru

Coach
Which is what Robson has done every other week :)

I'm not trying to bag KK, I just think Robson gets unfairly criticized.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yes it was a telling stat. They targeted him and made him tackle all night, yet he still had the zip to look our sharpest in attack.

Indeed he did.

I must have missed KK's zip. The whole attack looked tired and slow. Robson and KK were not good at all.

Doesn't say a lot for the rest of them.
I have no doubt KK will carve up once we can provide him with a bit of go forward.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
I must have missed KK's zip. The whole attack looked tired and slow. Robson and KK were not good at all.

I must have missed the really good metres the forwards made for them to look so poor behind such a dominant pack!

You can talk all you want about how disappointing our halves have been but until those lazy, unfit, uninterested forwards pull their finger out, the halves will always look pedestrian!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Oh yeah that's right kk has this potential everyone keeps talking about. He is going to unleash it anytime now. Looking forward to it.

Kornstar

Coach
Oh yeah that's right kk has this potential everyone keeps talking about. He is going to unleash it anytime now. Looking forward to it.

Couldn't the same be said of Mateo? There is no doubt he has talent, maybe our current coaches style just doesn't suit him?

Gronk

Staff member
Couldn't the same be said of Mateo? There is no doubt he has talent, maybe our current coaches style just doesn't suit him?

x 2. As Bart said the other day. When he unleashes those two times a year, he is without peer.