What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are we missing?

Apey

Staff member
The times we did have good field position, Mullen put in some fairly lame attacking kicks. Wasn't at his best.

Yosh

Coach
I would love to see how Mullen goes at fullback. Unfurtunately that would require getting a couple of decent halves. All hypothetical and it would never happen, but I reckon he has a lot of the traits required.

I was just thinking the same thing a couple of days ago. Was afraid to post it because everyone would have called me a fool!!:crazy:

Mullen to fullback was floated some time ago. I agree though it would be worth a look and may have eventually happened under Stone.

Rusty

Juniors
A dominant half or 5/8. Forwards that can offload, play the ball quick and hold onto the ball. Most of all discipline. Our attack is so predictable that we rarely a threat and easily defendable.

Jono078

Referee
Wayne Bennett said:
I've come here for four years and I didn't think this was going to be a quick fix,'' he said. ''If I was looking for a quick fix I'd be doing things differently. I know where I'm going, I know what I'm going to do. I've just got to get everybody behind me. They're all working hard to do that.''

What do you guys make of this statement?

How would he have done things differently to get quicker results? Releasing and signing other players? I'm really not quite sure.

voltron

Juniors
if we can just hold on to the ball, that would change mountains for our team.

and then when we get to the other side of the field, work for repeat sets, instead of trying to get the try every single time.

and i dont get the kick to the wingers, we dont get THAT many tries from it.
rather get a repeat set most of the time.

Pika

Bench
honestly what are we missing?
*2 centres who can attack and defend, Tahu is good in attack but junk in defence, Sau and Naiqama are shit in both
*A backrower who gives a shit in defence, good riddance Zeb, welcome Beau Scott
*2 extra props who can make metres and not drop the ball
*A halfback who can take charge and execute
*A hooker who can pass backwards and also penetrate from dummy half

Give any team in the comp that list and they would go close to a grand final.

Hanscholo

Bench
The biggest problem with the knights is we are a very slow football team.

We got blown off the park with the Cowboys speed.

It is one of the major reasons we struggle to put points on the board and we have only reached 20 points in a game once this year i recall.

Other problems

1. Roberts is not the answer at half back and does F@%k all in organising the attack. You only need to look at Sezer who has played less games than Roberts and has been behind beaten packs but he just controls the game brilliantly

2. We would have the slowest centres in the game and Sau really struggles in defence.

3. Zeb offers nothing and Costigan cannot last more than 20 minutes without a rest which is unacceptable for a back rower.

4. Hilder is just too slow at dummy half whilst Adams was much sharper.

On a positive note, I thought our front row was good and Cuthbo had one of his best games.

Some major changes are needed next year with speed in the centres, an organising half (Sezer is available with Gids to hooker), a backrower to assist Scott and a prop.

I would not be sorry to see Sau, Nagaima, Costigan, Hilder,Zeb, Faas, Evarn leave when their contracts are up.

^^ This.

We need genuine front rowers and back rowers that can play full games, run like trucks and hit hard in defence. That is the modern game, if you arent doing that you wont win. Especially given bennetts game plans revolve around winning the arm wrestle. You need 4 genuine starting props to make a run at the GF. Not 1 and 4 guys that can play some prop.

Naqama's time is well and truly up, Evarn the same. Sau is clearly on the outer, Costigan is offering nothing. Matty Hilder isnt ever going to be a starting player, so why wouldst we look at bringing someone else through. Zeb, hasnt really got back to where he was when smith was here, so good choice to move on. Faas....id love him to stay, but i am not sure we want him either.

Halves, happy to stay with what we have. hooker, we need to give buderus a rest, and plan for the future. Fullback is covered.

Belly07

Juniors
We were woeful tonight. After 15 minutes off came Mason, Snowden, Costigan and Buderus and thats when we lost the game. This happens EVERY week. We start well, then our best players go off for a break and we lose our way....I could not believe how inept we were tonight. It also shows we need a halfback and goal kicker desperately

Big Tim

First Grade
Didnt know where to put this, but I just saw this on news.com.au

NEWS IN A MINUTE

Early exit for Serena; Ratten with dose of reality; Whare to the Panthers; Vuna becomes a Wallaby.

Followed the link, but they didnt talk about it.

Is he in the Wallabies squad, or just declared an eligibility for the Wallabies?

Jono078

Referee
Vuna could have made a damaging centre, just had to brush up his defensive skills.

I use to love when he'd get the big wind up run out wide then offload to the winger.

Love him period, tbh.