What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you more passionate about?

What are you more passionate about, NRL or State of Origin?

• NRL

Votes: 92 74.2%
  • State of Origin

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • About the same for each

Votes: 20 16.1%

• Total voters

Sleep

Juniors
Club footy for sure. This time of year sucks outside of Origin. Once Origin is over is the best part of the season.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Origin is a great spectacle but it's all about the NRL for me. I think it's the pinnacle of the sport, not Origin or tests.

Raiderdave

First Grade
the Raiders winning a premiership is a long way ahead of SOO for me

origin is great , ... we all get to barrack for our team in 3 grand final like games every year ...
if our club team is going shite ... it gives us a bit of relief from that frustration & a chance to share in some glory

& if our state loses ... & our club team is hopeless
well then we take out our angst on the Kiwis & Poms

its why our game is the best in the country bar none;-)

wibble

Bench
The only reason I even care about Origin this year is because of Gallen and Carney. If they don't get injured I'm ecstatic (which hasn't been the case so far, so I'm a bit down on Origin this year). If their team wins then that's nice.

Many years I have gone for Queensland, especially when Lang, Rogers and McKenna played for them.

But I care about the result like I care about watching 2 teams who aren't the Sharks and who aren't gong to threaten our place on the ladder; I have a slight preference for one team over the other, but I don't care that much.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Why do you have to be more passionate about one over the other?

I'm a passionate footy fan and love all forms of the game just as much. - depending what's on. Test, club or Origin....

the dude

Juniors
I'd be happier with a Souths win against Penrith tomorrow than a NSW win on wednesday. Athough i do want the blues to get up

saintania

Juniors
Club first, daylight second, rep football distant third.

I still struggle to cheer for players in rep teams who belong to another club. I only watch rep football out of interest to see who wins and to hope Saints players don't get injured.

Roy80

Juniors
Ofcourse people who spend half their free time posting on an nrl forum are going to vote club over state. The beauty is as Rugby League fans we don't have to choose one over the other. Gotta say this Qld dominance has done wonders for SOO in NSW, there is a genuine hate for Qld developing and i don't think i've ever seen the average NSWelshman as passionate as they are now about it

Mr Fourex

Bench
True RL fans are more passionate about their clubs. SoO comprises largely of fair weather supporters. Although, i find myself caring more about the blues towards the middle of the year in recent times..

You mean now that NSW aren't looking like the totally hopeless bunch of numpties they once were?

......and you talk as if you know something about "true" RL fans and fair weathered supporters .......:roll:

QLD >>>>Broncos >>> Australia

Can't split Brisbane from QLD .........both offer so much enjoyment, but if asked to chose between a Brisbane premiership and an QLD origin series. I will choose QLD every time........maybe after 10th or 11th origin series in a row my pendulum might swing back towards the Broncs

although....by then, I suspect I wouldn't have had to wait too long before I had both anyway

2006 was a great year.....!!