What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your favourite rugby league images ?

images

FFS... who dreamt this up n thought it was a great idea...

Gordo popping his Cherry?

4856640D-2064-46FC-9419-D6B89F33E369.jpeg
The image captures the genuine angst, frustration and de-legitimisation of the deconstructed and emotionally emancipated modern day male.

His confusion and anger is but a mere conduit for post truth subliminal influence and in this moment of absolute tragedy he wonders whether his senses are lying to him and everything he knows and understands to exist is mist under corporatisms bloody and inhumane shadow.

This man needs a hug and a course on Marxism.

If Browny can find enlightenment, there’s hope for us all.

Last edited:

Mark B

Juniors
Spot the difference...

images

images
Met Cherry one night way back in 1997 during the split comps. He was a mate of my sister in laws then boyfriend. Champion bloke and very humble bloke. Had a barbie at his house, He and his wife had a house near Chipping Norton at the time. As the photo indicates, was only a small bloke but punched well above his weight.
Saw Gordy trying to get into the Three Wise Monkey’s pub, the bouncers were not having a bar of him for what ever reason. But it really pushed the fact how small Cherry was, Gordy is by no way a midget but he was not an overly big guy. In the scale of things. The two biggest league players I have seen in person were Paul Sironen and Ian Roberts. Roberts was in a suit and looked to be going to court (it was around the time when ARL and Super League players were getting out of contracts. Roberts was about six foot across the shoulders alone.

Last edited:

Mark B

Juniors
View attachment 46578
The image captures the genuine angst, frustration and de-legitimisation of the deconstructed and emotionally emancipated modern day male.

His confusion and anger is but a mere conduit for post truth subliminal influence and in this moment of absolute tragedy he wonders whether his senses are lying to him and everything he knows and understands to exist is mist under corporatisms bloody and inhumane shadow.

This man needs a hug and a course on Marxism.

If Browny can find enlightenment, there’s hope for us all.
And you would have him back at Tigpies in a heart beat!!

The two biggest league players I have seen in person were Paul Sironen and Ian Roberts. Roberts was in a suit and looked to be going to court (it was around the time when ARL and Super League players were getting out of contracts. Roberts was about six foot across the shoulders alone.

I saw Roberts once at Miranda fair walking with his fella. Agree he was an absolute unit.

The biggest I saw was Big Willie Mason, a regular at my old watering hole - The Beach Rd Hotel in Bondi. Standing next to him at a packed front bar is an experience...

But one time I saw him, Reni Maitua, and big brother Les Mason walking out after an arvo session. Les makes Willie look like Reni..

Mark B

Juniors
I saw Roberts once at Miranda fair walking with his fella. Agree he was an absolute unit.

The biggest I saw was Big Willie Mason, a regular at my old watering hole - The Beach Rd Hotel in Bondi. Standing next to him at a packed front bar is an experience...

But one time I saw him, Reni Maitua, and big brother Les Mason walking out after an arvo session. Les makes Willie look like Reni..
Remember Willie talking about Les some years ago about just how big a human he is. Last I heard of Les though, he was getting busted for supplying Columbian Marching Powder up Newcastle,way.

Willie Ray

Bench

Absolutely BBJF....I've seen Les Mason up close....couldn't even imagine what
the weekly food bill would be to keep him fed....
He's not quite as big as Kurt Hammer though...
KH is one giant of a man.

I met big arty once as a scum kiddie fan when he was playing. I can assure everyone he was kind and very polite. I met some of his family in later years here in Western Sydney, they were of the same build of character. They loved my story and we all in awe together. It was a nice experience.

They told me he wasn’t well at the time but that was not for publication ...so I never betrayed them. But they didn’t say he was dying though. If you get the chance to meet his nephews etc don’t hesitate. They share his greatness.

rip Tommy see avatar.

Latest posts