What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What bat do/did you prefer using when you play/played cricke

ChatRat

Juniors
azza said:
ChatRat said:

I always felt more comfortable with Gray Nics English Willow bats over the Indian Willow bats. English Willow grows slower and is therefore harder.

That's actually inaccurate. I've used both Kashmir and English Willow and both are OK for club cricket, but at the higher levels players use English Willow because it is softer and therefore has a better sweet spot (but also results in chips and bruising). See for example from: http://www.owzat-cricket.co.uk/about_cricket_bats/about_cricket_bats.htm

"Most bats are made from English Willow which by nature is a soft fibrous wood, with a “honeycomb” type cell structure. It is perfect for the manufacture of cricket bats because of its natural moisture and its ability to be pressed in the manufacturing process to give great ball striking qualities. Starter and particularly smaller Junior size bats tend to utilise more lower priced Kashmir Willow... this is harder and therefore more resilient but generally gives less ball striking satisfaction."

Thanks for the pointer. I knew one was harder than the other. This factor is probably a contributing factor to the weight of the blade too and it's the weight of the thing that's going to have the biggest impact on your timing of the ball.

Freddo

Juniors
used to use a kookaburra saphire in juniors now

i use a charles oxley collage limited editon
a very unkown and unheard of brand but the bat i have has a very large sweet spot a fair bit of weight to it and goes well. all i need to do is learn how to bat

Johns Magic

Referee
Used to have a County Dynablade-Very light, very meaty. Unfortunately I grew out of it.

Then I got a Gray Nichols Excalibur, which was the biggest piece of sh!t i've ever used-Ansolutely no meat.

Now I have A Kookaburra Diablo, which is bloody awesome.

I always use light bats. Can't stand heavy ones, as I can't pull, hook or cut adequately.

Mighty Dragon

Juniors
Mighty Dragon said:
By the way, I'm looking for a bat which has the cross if St George on the front, and a red dragon on the back.

I have seen quite alot of people use it, and am pretty sure it is only available in England.

Does anybody know the name of the bat/ or ANY info on it???

Thanks in advance.

ANYBODY????

Latest posts