What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

urban eel

Juniors
220px-Feist_Metals.jpg

Listened to this when it first came out but never fully appreciated it due to a few other albums that I got hooked on.

But this is a sensational CD

Jason Maher

Immortal
monstersandmen.jpg

Of Monsters And Men - My Head Is An Animal

Didn't know who they were 3 days ago. Kept catching snippets of the video for "Little Talks" while surfing the music channels, and eventually thought "hang on, this song is pretty good" and watched the whole thing through. Then I went diving for Wiki and YouTube to find out who the heck Of Monsters And Men are, and listen to some of their other songs. Decided after about the third song I was definitely a fan. Figured from the singing accents and the musical style they were Irish. I was pretty close, as they're actually from Iceland (not only do Ireland and Iceland have similar names, there is definitely a similarity in the accents when people from the latter sing or speak in English). Had $40 in JB gift cards from xmas, which I used to buy the album (their debut), along with some perfectly predictable Metallica (Quebec Magnetic Blu Ray and Beyond Magnetic EP).

My kids absolutely love the song "Little Talks", which is no doubt in large part due to the animated video. I think it's my daughter's favourite song of the moment, as she keeps singing it over and over and over.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu Tang(36 chambers)

Sick Of It All - Death to Tyrants

Go It Alone - The Only Blood Between Us

Big Pete

Referee
Crystal Castles - III
Jeff The Brotherhood - Hypnotic Nights
Sleigh Bells - Reign of Terror
The Killers - Battle Born
Vampire Weekend - Contra
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication

Status