What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
yeah agreed, though Trendkill had some awesome songs on it. 'Floods' and 'living trough me' are amazing, pity their last album was pretty poor though, I reckon all the bullshit that was going on at the time with Phil really got in the way of the song writing, Vulgar is still my fave Pantera album though.

Red Bear

Referee
great album did u go to the gong show?
Yeah, was pretty good, fair sized crowd as well which was good cos when i checked ticket prices that morning the person at unicentre said there are heaps of tickets left, had me worried it was going to be about 50 people or something

HevyDevy

Coach
yeah agreed, though Trendkill had some awesome songs on it. 'Floods' and 'living trough me' are amazing, pity their last album was pretty poor though, I reckon all the bullshit that was going on at the time with Phil really got in the way of the song writing, Vulgar is still my fave Pantera album though.

Phil was always a tool.

Flapper

First Grade
4403007.jpg

Architecture In Helsinki - Moment Bends

beave

Coach
182_410x410.jpg

Did some gardening today and had this on repeat blasting on the stereo while the missus was out all day....... sigh, what a damn shame about Pete, great band. 'Love you to death' and 'Christian Woman' absolute classics.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Type O were a brilliant band, pretty much completely unique and their albums were consistently top notch right up to the last one, which they released only a year or so before Pete Steele died.

As for what I'm listening to currently, been pretty much thrashng Dragged Into Sunlight's Hatred for Mankind album, one of the most utterly crushing things I've heard in years.

draggedintosunlight_1_0.jpg

Last edited:

Zigwaa

Bench

Yeah "Floods" is a cracker. Wasn't expecting them to play it live when I saw them in 2002, sounded amazing.

Every Pantera album is awesome and unique in it's own right (except reinventing the steel).

beave

Coach
yeah, reinventing the steel is really poor, well by Pantera standards. I had GST on today real loud, f**k me it is a good album. Dime was such a loss.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Nah, haven't heard them to you the truth.

I'm referring to the albums from what was considered their debut album, "Cowboys from Hell" onwards.

You mean the album that Pantera want everyone to believe was their debut..... the earlier ones are a tad embarassing, check out the cover art....

Pantera-Metal-Magic.jpg

pantera-projects.jpg

1222_pantera_i_am_the_night.jpg

Say what you like about Phil being a bit of a dick, but the band were second rate glam tragics who'd never have made it out of the south prior to his joining.

snoozer

Bench
lenny kravitz - mama said
the black crowes - southern harmony and musical companion
queen - sheer heart attack
muse - origin of symmetry

elyod138

Bench
Say what you like about Phil being a bit of a dick, but the band were second rate glam tragics who'd never have made it out of the south prior to his joining.

I actually love the first album with Phil, Power Metal.

Hilarious imagery, the songs are damn catchy though.

Pantera-power_metal.jpg

Last edited:

Cliffhanger

Coach
^Love that album, House of Suffering is an awesome track. Freaken annoying that the bastards won't follow through with a tour here though.

Currently listening to one of my absolute fave albums.
The-Infamous.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.