What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowHigh

Coach
220px-Second_coming_tq.jpg

TQ - The Second Coming

Big Pete

Referee
eloyd said:
There were better albums scattered throughout the top 100, though a lot of it's down to personal taste.

I seem to dig your taste in music. Could you give me some recommendations on some good Aussie records?

Red Bear said:
TLE's first album was supurb IMO. Powderfinger and silverchair were predictable

I enjoyed it. Lots of fun and it's the type of Punk I enjoy (as opposed to Sex Pistols etc.) It just doesn't strike me as a Top 10 album.

I also don't mind Powderfinger but again, best album of all time? Really? 2 albums in the Top 10? Who are they? The Aussie Beatles?

Frogstamp doesn't age well at all. It's basically a novelty album.

HevyDevy said:
Well Back in Black was a no-brainer.

Is that really AC/DC's best album? I get the feeling they've done better.

I'm fine with AC/DC making the Top 10.

nqcowboy87

Bench
Triple J's Top 10 Australian Albums which were...

Powderfinger - Odyssey Number Five
Silverchair - Frogstomp
AC/DC - Back in Black
INXS - Kick
The Living End - S/T
Powderfinger - Internationalist
Wolfmother - S/T
The Avalanches - Since I Left You
The Presets - Apocalypso
Regurgitator - Unit

Fairly underwhelmed by the list. Apart from The Avalanches and Regurgitator I wasn't really blown away by the other albums despite enjoying them to a degree. Has Australian music always been this bad or was this just another poorly put together list?

australian music from the 70's to the late 90's was the absolute, then along came bands like cat empire and boy & bear

DB

First Grade
Certainly will mate.... Saw them at Falls a couple of years ago, and they blew my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.