What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did Gallen say/do to Paea?

stumped

Juniors
Doesn't surprise me what the rags try to dig up. I've had a gutful. I sorta knew we'd be lumbered again with something. `Racism' this is it, I thought it mighta been `bank robbery', Maybe it'll be `bank robbery' next week.
be careful popper, Gallen is that bigger lose canon that he is likley to rob a bank in order to get the club out of the financial trouble they are in

Feej

First Grade
be careful popper, Gallen is that bigger lose canon that he is likley to rob a bank in order to get the club out of the financial trouble they are in

You either forgot a :sarcasm: or a :crazy:.... or maybe you don't realise how stupid you just made yourself out to be.

DJDL

Bench
I'm sick to death of hearing complaints of "racial vilification".
It is, and always has been, a one-way street.

I would wager that whatever Gallen said had absolutely NOTHING to do with race, and everything to do with stating the bloody obvious.
He was going to call him a merkin, and chose to prefix it with whatever the most obvious thing was i.e. Paea is black.

In my book that does not make him a racist.

What if he called Weyman a fat merkin? Would that be weightial vilification?
Or Daruis Boyd a short-arzed merkin? Would that be heightal vilification?
Or Matt Cooper a dumb merkin? Would that be intellectual vilification?
Or Soward a puncey little merkin? Would that be nancy-boyal vilification?

Put Gallen in a situation of, say, playing basketball where he is the only white guy. Do you think he would not get derided as "white boy" every time he f***ed up? Hell, while we're on that analogy, there's even a movie called "White Men Can't Jump". Could we have a movie called "Black Men Can't Stay In School"?

FFS, this whole political correct "let's not do anything to upset anyone with brown skin" world we live in is beyond a joke.

What happened to "sticks and stones"?

I would wager that whatever Gallen said had absolutely NOTHING to do with race, and everything to do with stating the bloody obvious.
He was going to call him a merkin, and chose to prefix it with whatever the most obvious thing was i.e. Paea is black.

Put Gallen in a situation of, say, playing basketball where he is the only white guy. Do you think he would not get derided as "white boy" every time he f***ed up? Hell, while we're on that analogy, there's even a movie called "White Men Can't Jump". Could we have a movie called "Black Men Can't Stay In School"?

FFS, this whole political correct "let's not do anything to upset anyone with brown skin" world we live in is beyond a joke.

f**king classic. PMSL:lol:

Jasdragon

Juniors
You guys are so f**ked and blind! If that f**king blight on the game dirty grub Gallen played for another side you would hate his guts just like everyone else!

Hey JasDragoon. If Galen was off contract, Bennett would chase him. Don't kid yourself.

If you want to talk Grubs and hated players look back in your long history and stop at Rod Reddy. Well done, you lot win the prize.

Your Big Red V created one bigger than Gallen. YOU OW THE PHANTOM BITER! So go f**k yourself silly with Sowards c**k

Last edited by a moderator:

Frailty

First Grade

:?

I'm sorry, but in the context of what the Sharks have been going through, it is completely and utter stupidity on Gallens part. Forget your little crusade on political correctness, it was simply a stupid act by Gallen and will no doubt get copious amounts of media coverage for the club.

Jasdragon

Juniors
Hey JasDragoon. If Galen was off contract, Bennett would chase him. Don't kid yourself.

If you want to talk Grubs and hated players look back in your long history and stop at Rod Reddy. Well done, you lot win the prize.

Your Big Red V created one bigger than Gallen. YOU OW THE PHANTOM BITER! So go f$ck yourself silly with Sowards c**k

:lol: Bennett doesn't touch sh*t undisciplined overrated players! He would never sign that grub! :lol: You are a f**king dumb merkin!

Frenzy.

Immortal
:lol: Bennett doesn't touch sh*t undisciplined overrated players! He would never sign that grub! :lol: You are a f**king dumb c@nt!

M Weyman - fat lazy merkin playing above himself
N Costigan - drunken bum
W Sailor - drugged up egomaniac
J Smith - philanderer
B Scott - genius. What was it last night, 4 or 5 penalties for Beuagenius?

Actually seems like Bennett's whole recruitment and retention policy has been based around sh*t undisciplined, over rated players. Yet he can do something with them

Do you contend that Bennett doesn't have the ability to turn Gallen into an even bigger supa dupa mega supernova than he already is?

league_nut

Juniors
The same game as me he grub was peeing himself which he always does when he isnt dishing out cheap shots. You want to fix your club get rid of this clown.

Inferno

Coach
:?

I'm sorry, but in the context of what the Sharks have been going through, it is completely and utter stupidity on Gallens part. Forget your little crusade on political correctness, it was simply a stupid act by Gallen and will no doubt get copious amounts of media coverage for the club.

Excellent point Frailty, this kind of stupidity, regardless of whether there are consequences or not should not be something you expect of our club captain.

They wont go that well with him. But I do hope they pick Soward. that would be sweet watching him get belted from one end of the field to the other

carinashark

First Grade
Frailty and Inferno . I cant belive you both are going on with this crap about Gal and Pea. Havent you ever played? Were you even there? As for NSW not going well with Gal . Players like Gal is what NSW needs to get over QLD but of course they will go with soft co*ks and players like Gal will bust their ass for nothing.

Inferno

Coach
I don't give a f**k what he said, or what was done to him. The point remains with all the sh*t that is currently going on, it was an incredibly stupid thing to say, if he said it.

LazyDreamer

Bench

DJDL, I'm not having a personal go at you, but your stance is one that can only be desribed as ignorant.

'Black merkin' is racial vilification. To try to compare it to 'white boy' is errant on so many levels. To know why it's racial vilification, just look at the history of any "black" race where their country was taken over by the white man.

If Gallen had been looking for the obvious thing to preceed 'merkin', wouldn't 'clumsy' be it? Or 'big'? Or 'f**king'?

Latest posts