What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do people think of Chris Lawrence?

beefstew

Juniors
A centers perceived ability seems to rise and fall depending on how good of a ball player his 6 or 7 is,
while I think Lawrence is a good center, a great center would use the space created by the likes of
Marshall more effectively.
He does have pace and power, maybe a more structured game style would suit him more?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
In 2009, Taniela Tuaki scored over 20 tries for the Tigers.

In 2010, Lote Tuqiri scored 18 tries for the Tigers.

In those two years combined, I would estimate that in a good 85-90 per cent of those tries the last pass came from Chris Lawrence.

Last year he suffered that horrific injury and admittedly hasn't been the same since, which isn't really a surprise.

snoozer

Bench
have him at the sharks in flash.

i don't think that's giving him a compliment though.

young, coming back from a major injury. will wait and see.

hardbaby

Coach
Excellent player. Shoe in for Origin. Both him and Ayshford were good last night. And they need to be. The Tigers have next to nothing in the back three. Big blow losing Tedesco. That boy can play.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Yep. No team in the comp could seriously believe BOTH of their centres are better than Lawrence.

One, you could argue, both, check yourself in to the loony bin.

thorson1987

Coach
I would have him at Melbourne.

Unfortunately he is campbelltown through and through. Don't think he would leave unless forced.

And from personal experience, he can put a good shot on.

Red Bear

Referee
Hopefully gets back to his best because he is quality when fit. Fast with very good passing game, puts his winger away well. The difference he made last year when he came back to the tigers was enormous (before he injured the hamstring) and got them going on their run to the top four.

At his best the best centre in NSW, behind the best of Hodges and Inglis at this point but with a fair way to go in his career.

adamkungl

Immortal
Quality player.
Best centre in NSW, Lyon aside, but he's retired.

Pretty silly thread, you named players that are either retired, retired from reps, or QLDers.

Hooch

Juniors
Still got to wait and see if he can get back to his best.

I'm not sure if he still has issues with the hip or not, and he certainly wouldn't say if he did, but it's a very serious injury.

Before the hip, as everyone says, heaps of pace, solid defence, reads the game very well (ran a great line for Blair last night), and more importantly was only getting better.

At his best I would have him in the top 4 centres in the NRL. Runs great lines, defends well, hits the hole at pace and positions his outside man very well. Good try scoring rate of around 55 tries in 100 games.

This year ther shoulder is giving him grief and he is not at his best.

Last year was a terrible injury that would have finished some players. Amazed he came back so quickly and played great games back to back against Manly and Dragons late last year. The hammy injury in the Dragons game cost the Tigers big time last year.

At his best I would not swap hiim for any centre in the NRL, especially as those who are currently better are all a number of years older than Lawrence. Very glad he is a tiger and hope he has a long injury free career.

typicalfan

Coach
Inglis is 2 years older and Jennings is the same age. Lawrence has deserved a crack in origin but until he plays well in that arena I can't say he is the best in NSW. Jennings was good in origin last year despite average club form. At his best he is as good and arguably tougher to play against than Lawrence. Very close though.

Big Pete

Referee
I just remember the huge wank-fest that occured after the Tigers beat the Dragons last year. Suddenly he was out and out the best centre in the game and every club wanted him.

He's good but was never the best. Has issues in his game and doesn't have the amazing skill level of Inglis to make up for it. Injuries have definitely affected him so far this season.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
I like him he's a great player. Missed the tackle on Daly last night that allowed him to score from 70 metres out.

Up there with Barba as the biggest turnstile in defence.