What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Tigers

Meth

Staff member
Tough to pick

3- Fonua Blake
2- Tuivasa-Sheck
1- Walker

HM- Harris Tavita, Watene Zelezniak, Leiataua, Barnett

Even Kosi showed heart.

Was a bit pissed with Capewell and Tevaga- thought they invited Wests in with some ill discipline.

Thought the NZ commentator wasn't awful, as far as NZ commentators go.

hitro

Juniors
Sheesh struggled to put away the bottom team at home
I'll go
3 TMM
2 AFB
1 Barnett, just for shoving Jazz and Dylan away from yapping at the referee
Ok Chanel is left foot kicker who cannot convert from (very) left of posts if Warriors are to win remaining games without Shaun, Pompey and Taine we need someone who is a right footed goal kicker, is it Capewell or someone from cup?

sup42

Juniors
3 Ali
2 Moala
1 Marata.

Went with our noob centers on the basis that tonight was a massive step up for them and they thrived. Finally we have two centers that pass the ball and put their Wingers away.

03. RTS = CNK to the centre. RTS is made for FB, attack and defense solid.

02. Leiataua = Ran with venom all game, some nice touches.

01. Graham-Taufa = Another solid outing for Moala. More game time thank you Webby.

HM: Capewell and AFB

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Watching at the ground

AFB
RTS
DWZ

Those 3 stood out like a sore thumb in terms of breaking the line or consistently dominating in contact.

Interesting to see some of the other picks cos for me MGT kinda had a shocker. Ali had some great touches but I was surprised he got dominated physically a lot on his carries as I perceived him to be a very strong ball runner.

Last edited:
Also if AFB isn’t your 3 I’m not sure you’re really rating on actual merit.
Watching at home is a totally different experience because you see things you dont live and vice versa. AFB definitely a 3 on his efforts but decided RTS saved so many more points to keep us ahead.

Meth

Staff member
it’s interesting to me, how people tend to arrive at their decisions for this. Like, @sup42 has appeared to use his ratings as a 3- rookie stood up 2- rookie stood up 1- has been quiet and got more involved. Of course, that’s completely legitimate.

I know that sometimes I will feel the temptation to look past the guys who put in every week because it becomes so ordinary. Barnett would be someone I might overlook this year because his work rate is phenomenal, but kind of cliche.

Izz

Bench
3 - AFB - the nrl.com match review called his performance barnstorming, and that's just about the best word i can think of to describe it
2 - RTS - some good stuff all around, and actually looked happy for the first time this season - if CNK is fit next week, what does Webby do?
1 - Ali - Looks pretty damn good for only his 4th game of FG (and it's interesting as I don't recall seeing him getting super-dominated in the tackle, though the Tigs did often seem to put 3 or 4 on him)

HM - DWZ - huge game, and probably should've been in my points - actually made some crucial defensive reads, too

Walker had another big game. Was worried when he came off that he was hurt but seemed okay when he came back on.

That final try by the Tigers kind of sums up our season, tbh.

Kinda disappointed Leka only got 9 mins and didn't get his hands on the ball once.

Thought CHT played well, but was surprised how little play went his way in the second half. Glad he was able to have a laugh with the crowd when he finally got a kick over from the left.

Webby made the right decision to pull Egan when he did, imo. Guy looked out of sorts and kept getting whacked in the head. Tigers were doing their best to foul up his service, too, and never got pinged for it.

Thought we lacked patience in the first half. Like we were rolling through them so easily we expected to score off every set, when we really just needed to keep playing smart and direct and continue to tire them out and we probably would put on 3-4 tries in the second quarter.

We finally scored a long-range try!

Interesting to see what Ford's injury is. Hopefully opportunity for Ale to get back in the team. He's way too good for reggies but Webby does love guys who remind him of himself so the only way Ale gets back in the team is if Ford is injured, imo

I know the Tigs also had a few out, but I feel like Benji's big problem for next season will be getting a forward pack.

Meth

Staff member
When RTS made that break, you really saw how much his speed is gone. Still got the instinct and footwork, just no speed. Unfortunately, we don’t tend to have anyone fast running off him in support either.

Latest posts