What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do we have to do to beat the roosters?

I guess its a question that many teams face and not too many can come up with a plan that can do it other than the bulldogs a few weeks ago. So i guess Tim Sheens would have looked at that game when the bulldogs won and tried to identify some weaknesses that the roosters not that they have many

The 5 critical things we have to is

1) Get on top of their forwards or at least contain them and set a platform for the halves and backs

2) Maintain a near perfect completion rate to limit the roosters attacking opportunities

3) Good Kicking as well as chasing game to try and keep the Roosters pinned in their own half

4) Slow down the play the balls as much as we can without giving away the penalties however with Tim Mander as ref this could be difficult to do

5) Play with more passion and pride and be more enthusiastic in every aspect of the game whether it is a kick return a run from dummy half etc

I personally think we can compete for a long time in this game its just a matter of whether we can go the distance to get the points. I think we should be targetting Walker all night with our attack and not necessarily get into a forward battle as eventually they will wear us down. I think they can be vulnerable on the fringes and I think Moodie and Richards should be seeing plenty of action. Anyway should be a good game ( fingers crossed) Up the Tiges! My Tip Tigers by 7

gr8_1

Juniors
We need luck tomorow to win.
- the bounce of the ball has to go our way
- the referee needs to be onesided
- they need to play below 75% of there capacity
- we need to defend like we have never defended before

Easy ay ? :lol:

jirskyr

Juniors
I think we are in with a shot. A team like the Dragons when red hot can tear us to shreds...like Melbourne they have the fast game that we cannot handle when the opposition is on fire.

Roosters on the other hand I don't think play the style we fear most. Get up into them and most importantly close the ruck / slow the play-the-ball.

Spike

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
Put Laxatives in all there drinks about 2hrs before the game!

Thinking outside the square, I like it 8) only problem would be that they would be running with a lot more conviction

BJ

Juniors
it seems like a simple answer.. but i think if we score more points then they do we'll be well on the way to beating them..

Bench
Number 1 make sure white legs can't get to the ground,and play Kerr at half.
Number 2 make sure our kicks find open space,or we will be defending in our own half all game.
Number 3 try and match them in the forwards to give our halves something to work off.
And finally get Hodgo back into form,Dene running at Walker would be a good ploy to.

JOELCORE

Juniors
props and second rowers need to go forward with purpose and passion.

Alot quicker play the balls.

The ball needs to go wide.In attack the ball is not getting to the outside centre and wingers.

A good short kicking game.If we are not going to score we need repeat sets.

Most importanly our defence up the ruck has be alot better.We have to stop there roll and we cant let wing and the backs get into dummy half and make cheap meters up the middle.

brooksy19

Bench
We need a good start, no early penalties or tries...we need to score first..we need to be withing 4 points at 1/2 time..we need a good kicking game...

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Spike said:
Mighty Tiger said:
Put Laxatives in all there drinks about 2hrs before the game!

Thinking outside the square, I like it 8) only problem would be that they would be running with a lot more conviction

They sure would be however they wouldn't be able to hold the footy at the same time ;-)

Fibroman

First Grade
I dont know what you guys have to do, but I hope you smash those roosters off the park. You need the ' in your face' style defence, and give them plenty of niggle. In other words, play them at their own game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
hey MT, I like your tactic, but are the tigers playing going to be keen to tackle someone who is about to soil themselves from the jolt in the tackle?

tigers

Juniors
As much as like to see us win. We are going to have to miuscle up in the forwards and be in their faces in defence or we will have buckles!!!!
As much as I would love to see us win, I've backed the roosters in our work Comp. Sorry guys!!!
BUT I HOPE WE GIVE IT TO THE ROOSTERS NEVERTHLESS :clap: :clap: :clap:

NZ Magpie

Juniors
I like and agree with the Post, that we have to score more points than them. That will do me. Even a 1-0 scoreline, in our favour, will do me.

Go the Mighty Wests Tigers

innsaneink

Referee
Lots of kicks for touch, with hopefully good field possy too.
Run like theyve never ran before and tackle likewise.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
I really cant see us winning this one. Earlier in the year we competed well with the Roosters. Our forwards pretty matched it with their forwards but our backs didnt come close to scoring. It is a problem that has only be worsened with Wilson at five-eighth

cheers

s. tiger

Latest posts