What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do YOU do with Kimmorley?

beekershark

Bench
King of the Hill said:
Maybe people can give their opinion on the current state of affairs without having to be acting in the position?

Or maybe the board should be sacked and you should be installed beeker?

These guys hold positions where it is only natural they should be criticised or worshipped, depending on if they fail or succeed.

Tongue in cheek King. It's one thing if Frenzy were to over react with over sensitivity, but you doing it on his behalf is extremely brokeback mountain of you :)

I just think it's a daft argument that some people spit out beeker...this one: "Well why dont we see how you would go in that job?"

Plenty of people have opinions on politics but no one says you have to be the Prime Minister to be allowed to criticise him.

I'm here for everyone's opinions, well, except for the spuds and I welcome all views

beekershark

Bench
King of the Hill said:
I just think it's a daft argument that some people spit out beeker...this one: "Well why dont we see how you would go in that job?"

Plenty of people have opinions on politics but no one says you have to be the Prime Minister to be allowed to criticise him.

I'm here for everyone's opinions, well, except for the spuds and I welcome all views

I agree mate, you know I've never been one to take that arguement " lets see how you'd go in first grade, coaching etc" and I'm not about to start. Like I said mate, i was having a dig in good spirits. frenz has been particulary cutting about Raper this season and it gets more cutting each week, no he's just a "weirdo" according, whilst frenz purports to having an all knowlegable, all encompassing answer to every football issue, missed tackle, failure to score tries, failure to repeat sets. It's called "systems" and he doesn't mind saying he knows better . He's been particulary active in talking his superiority over raper up these past few days so I'm just having a dig to keep his head from exploding :)

beekershark

Bench
I must say, I would pay good money to see Frenzy sit at the club with Raper after a match and see the two footballing masterminds verbally debate the merits if each ones views :)

Macca

Coach
That would be funny Beeks. Thing is though, Raper is never going to sit down at that table, in fact, he would consider it ridiculous.

Didnt newman give Raper a touch-up at a kebab shop?

What makes you think he'd fare any better against frenzy...or any of his other (many) doubters?

Raper would probably like the company. Whenever I see him in the club, he seems to be by himself.

beekershark

Bench
King of the Hill said:
Dont you reckon Raper is a weirdo beeks? How could anyone not?!?!?!?!?!

LOL, Mate, I don't see where the connection has been drawn between being a good or bad NRL coach, and being a "weirdo". That's all.

I'm obviously missing something. But my guess is that what you and frenzy may construe as raper making "weird" decisions, or making "weird" statments in the press and at press conference, is really him showing his in-experience in playing the media game. I really don't think raper gives two hoots about what he says to the press and just mumbles out some copy for the newspapers and sound grabs. I think to judge him on that, or his few sentances after matches in the preso would risk being a judgement made on shallow grounds.

Hey, Frenz might know the guy well , you may too, and if he's a weirdo based on that first hand experience in your eyes then your opinion is valid as being yours.

beekershark

Bench
I'm no talking about a fan yelling some abuse from a distance mate. Raper , like anyone with a profile of any kind would be stupid to listen to that with any respect.

It'll never happen, but I just I'd pay money to see Frenzy sit with Raper and discuss his opinions and "systems" with raper ( or ANY NRL coach for that matter). IT would be deadset better than anything Ricky Gervais could drum up :)

beekershark

Bench
King of the Hill said:
Weird decisions
Weird comments

Weird bloke

Comments I've covered above why I think those are throw aways.

Decisions ? what, picking Simmons ? totally arguable depending on who you speak to there, football brains or fans all have differing views among each set.

weird bloke ? why ? based on those two things ? hardly a good case mate.

Surely I'm not the only one who has scratched his head on more than one occasions wondering "Just WTF does he think he is doing?"

I think if we all had a dollar for every time Stuart Raper did or said something we didnt quite understand, we'd all have a lot more money to blow on beers and bets on the weekend.

And it's not like he ever proves us wrong.

I dont dislike Raper as a person, I just think he's a bit strange.

Either that or there's not a whole lot going on in his head. ie. There's no method behind the madness.

Or both.

beekershark

Bench
That's what I'm suggesting. Maybe there's plenty of method, he just can't be arsed worrying about making an impression on fans like us.

everyone here basically felt andersons success of failure in his tenure at the sharks should be weighed after his contract period ( something our board never allowed to eventuate) so perhaps Rapers ability should be judged at seasons end 2006 ?

I'd be happy to have a "weirdo" take us to our first premiership :)

Inferno

Coach
King of the Hill said:
Surely I'm not the only one who has scratched his head on more than one occasions wondering "Just WTF does he think he is doing?"

I think if we all had a dollar for every time Stuart Raper did or said something we didnt quite understand, we'd all have a lot more money to blow on beers and bets on the weekend.

And it's not like he ever proves us wrong.

I dont dislike Raper as a person, I just think he's a bit strange.

Either that or there's not a whole lot going on in his head. ie. There's no method behind the madness.

Or both.

Well a Coach isn't judged on his ability to be normal, its based on results ands thats where my problem with Raper lies. If the team wins a premiership this year I would proclaim him a great coach.

beekershark said:
That's what I'm suggesting. Maybe there's plenty of method, he just can't be arsed worrying about making an impression on fans like us.
No method, he waited until the final against the Dragons last year to make any sort of meaningful change to the team!! By then it was too late and we got turfed out after being lucky to be there in the first place!!

everyone here basically felt andersons success of failure in his tenure at the sharks should be weighed after his contract period ( something our board never allowed to eventuate) so perhaps Rapers ability should be judged at seasons end 2006 ?
Yes but nothing wrong with providing a running commentary. I'd be happy to end up with egg on my face.

I'd be happy to have a "weirdo" take us to our first premiership :)
Me too, of course, but it aint going to happen.

beekershark

Bench
Mate I'd love to see a bit more nouse shown from our entire club, coach too of course. I think that he's definately had his honeymoon period where he could use the "new" to NRL to find his feet arguement, and now its certainly time to deliver and to stamp his authority on the club.

I just question whether our club and board particulary will have a bar of that.

The board interfering in the running of the football team is a REAL worry, obviously.

But Raper cant even stamp his authority on the team he's got. Let alone going about building a quality squad up that has his name on it.

There has to be change from the top down but that isnt going to happen overnight, so in the meantime, we should concentrate on the coach.

Raper HAS to go.

Latest posts