What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you hate most about Rugby League?

clarency

Juniors
Last year I was on a train through South East Asia chatting to an Irishman who was an avid Rugby Union fan. Naturally when the subject came up I expected a league vs union debate. But that didn't happen. While it started with us sharing our dislike for each others preference we managed to really discuss what it was that made each sport appealing and vice versa.

I imagine there are plenty of diehards here that would freely state Rugby League as the perfect game, I wonder if there are those that would share their thoughts.

Last year I was on a train through South East Asia chatting to an Irishman who was an avid Rugby Union fan. Naturally when the subject came up I expected a league vs union debate. But that didn't happen. While it started with us sharing our dislike for each others preference we managed to really discuss what it was that made each sport appealing and vice versa.

I imagine there are plenty of diehards here that would freely state Rugby League as the perfect game, I wonder if there are those that would share their thoughts.

Why dont you share the differential discussions you had with that Irishman. It might help.

axl rose

Bench
15hef81.png

kdalymc

Bench
Newish hates----
The faggy haircuts, tight as f jerseys, and if your not 100kg of muscle or Polynesian you have no chance of making it...

taipan

Referee
I hate the fact,this thread is about hating.

All you need is love,dah,dah,dah ,dah.

Springs

First Grade
I hate the constant rule changes and the softening up of the game. Our leaders say we have the greatest game of all yet keep changing it all the time. If it's the greatest why did we need to change it?

Other than that: the video ref, wrestling, tv coverage and the slow separation of the NRL from the rest of the sport.

Bumble

First Grade
Channel Nine - more specifically Hadley/Gilbert/4pm delayed telecasts. Surely this is the obvious answer.

Channel 9
Daily telegraph
The shoulder charge rule
State of origin f**ks up the comp
Sharks manage to make every game a nail biter
Sharks need to shoot themselves in the foot on and off the field all the f**king time

Nugget10

Juniors
I wouldn't call it hate but One thing I dislike about the modern game is there is virtually no contest for the ball anymore. The game I loved as a kid had contested play the balls and contested scrums which allowed for more attacking footy. Players could throw the risky pass or try and beat the opposing winger knowing if they went out or dropped it that there was a 50/50 chance of getting the ball back. the game is too robotic and predictable at the moment and is poorer for it in my opinion

Chook Norris

First Grade
I wouldn't call it hate but One thing I dislike about the modern game is there is virtually no contest for the ball anymore. The game I loved as a kid had contested play the balls and contested scrums which allowed for more attacking footy. Players could throw the risky pass or try and beat the opposing winger knowing if they went out or dropped it that there was a 50/50 chance of getting the ball back. the game is too robotic and predictable at the moment and is poorer for it in my opinion

^this

Eddie Lab

Juniors
advertisement on jersey's. I'm very jealous of the NFL jersey's and how clean they are. I wished/hoped that the advertisement would diminish as clubs got more money but realistically it's a decent amount of money they get for them.