What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of Adam Blair's punisment?

What do you think of Adam Blair's punisment?

• Total voters

ceagle

Bench
Depends on G Stewarts punishment. If that scummy merkin gets less than 5 weeks after throwing the first punch in the 2nd fight and then rejoining it and throwing a few more when Blairs held on the ground by 4 Manly players then the judiciary is a f**king joke.
Glenn will get 3 weeks the same as Blair, it is not Glenn's fault Blair was charged with a striking aswell.

Packy

Bench
It's amazing that you can get suspended for not landing a punch.

The majority of the issue anyone has with the whole f**kin thing is the Manly cats all launching at 1 man. As I said previously, Brett Stewart should be made to fight Blain 1 on 1.

HowHigh

Coach
If the storm win their first finals match and get a week off, does the week off count towards his sentence or not?

Perth Red

Post Whore
He should have headbutted him, no punishment for that apparently!

Seriously Stewart was the instigator of the second fight, if he gets off the field like he should have no fight, no punishmnet. I am sure Bellyache will use this as further siege mentallity motivation for the team and kick on to win the GF.

DJShaksta

First Grade
He should have headbutted him, no punishment for that apparently!

Seriously Stewart was the instigator of the second fight, if he gets off the field like he should have no fight, no punishmnet. I am sure Bellyache will use this as further siege mentallity motivation for the team and kick on to win the GF.

He was getting off the field.
The rules don't say that once sin binned a player has to sprint off the field.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Fights don't happen that often and when they do most of the time no one gets hurt (a few notable exceptions). Great entertainment, great free press and possibly a massive promo angle for the GF. Should have been lenient.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He was getting off the field.
The rules don't say that once sin binned a player has to sprint off the field.

not saying he should have sprinted, am saying he shouldn't have hung around and changed direction so contact was inevitable. He had a big enough head start that there was no reason the two should have come together, he wanted it and therefore was the instigator. If he had been jogging off and Blair had had sprinted and caught him up and brushed him then I would be saying Blair should cop the heavier punishment.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Wtf is this poorly constructed piece of shit?

Just venting...yes, it was poorly constructed but to be fair, I put in grammar so you could follow how it was meant to be read :sarcasm:

Point is, Blair pleaded guilty & apologised for his stupidity, got 2 weeks for the cheap shot & then fronted the judiciary. Is now absolutely gutted - for the team, the club, the fans & himself...not how he wants to leave Storm. High price to pay for retaliation but he took it on the chin (excuse the pun) and imo kept his mana intact for handling it in the way he did.

Stewart, on the other hand, under advice tries to deny culpability(wrongfully sinbinned, which he was, but fmd, it happens) & pleads not guilty to the judiciary charge , has a change of counsel at the 11th hour which means he may now change his plea and enables Manly to find out what the punishment is for Blair's guilty plea before Stewart fronts up. May all be within the letter of the rules but imo it reeks of delaying tactics, manipulation & just plain BS.

If he doesn't get more than Blair from the judiciary for instigating the second incident & throwing the first punch there is something seriously wrong with the system.

carcharias

Immortal
2 weeks for running into a blue ey?

ben creagh should of got 2 weeks up his sleeve for running away from one.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
not saying he should have sprinted, am saying he shouldn't have hung around and changed direction so contact was inevitable. He had a big enough head start that there was no reason the two should have come together, he wanted it and therefore was the instigator. If he had been jogging off and Blair had had sprinted and caught him up and brushed him then I would be saying Blair should cop the heavier punishment.

Be great if we all got to see it from the eagle cam (ironic name)......Stewart's line of exiting the field of play would be sown for what it was, a deliberate change of direction in order to get closer to Blairs path. Interesting to see part of Blair's testimoney in front of the judiciary - Stewart spoke to him & he stopped to ask "what did you say?".
Stewart initiated contact in 3 ways, going off slowly, changing direction, and speaking to Blair
In hindsight, Blair is rueing not having kept going and stopping to talk to Stewart. And if you look at the odinary tv footage with impartiality, there is no aggression in Blair at that moment.
Hindsight is 20/20 - wonder if eagle cams are?

super_coach

First Grade
The media and the NRL have blown this thing way out of proportion and in doing that have cost Blair a chance to play in a Grand Final. In saying that if Stewart dosnt get 5 weeks, the Storm have every right to feel cheated by the system. The media coverage of sport and in particular the NRL is a funny one, they love to create big negative headlines to increase their circulation and ratings but if they eventually kill the sport they will not have anything to write about and their goes their ratings and circulation.

hutch

First Grade
Stewart will get 3 weeks for the second incident, the same punishment as Blair as they are both at fault!

ethan tremblay

Juniors
We can safley say no matter what the outcome tonight... you can bet manly will be whinging! cause its what they do best... when stewart got sent off u should of seen lyon the grubby bastard what about him what about him. bunch of whingers not even a second after he sent stewart off gee let him get to it..

little_aza

Juniors
And be forever Known as "let's see what they give the other guy first then I'll plead guilty - but hang on, my lawyer has already put my defense in so how can we get round that (nervously looking over his shoulder for his defense) oh, I know, he can pull out...yeah, yeah, I know - who does that at the 11th hour - but new counsel means I can change my plea to guilty like Blair & its a heavily Manlyesque judiciary so they'll understand that I'm really not guilty (just like I said but changed my mind) because I'm the first person EVER to be wrongfully sinbinned and I had to throw the first punch cos Blair asked me to repeat what I said to him when I 'accidentally' crossed his path on my erratic dawdle to the sideline (I've got such BAD timing) & let me play the GF" Stewart.
Or the shorter version Second-man-in (to the Judiciary) Stewart.
transparent Manly, but I expect it will go as planned.

Hahaha ain't lawyering grand? :lol:

gUt

Coach
They deserve equal punishment for the post-sinbin one on one. 3 weeks seems right.

Every Manly player that subsequently came running in and flopped all over him like landed fish should cop a billion years.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
If the storm win their first finals match and get a week off, does the week off count towards his sentence or not?

No. the week off is equivalent to a bye

Stewart should get 4 weeks as the instigator to the blue (based on the precedent they set with Blair). personally i think the sentences were typical NRL overreaction and stewart should have got 2 weeks and blair 1.

Blair in essence has got 3 weeks for defending himself :crazy: